Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) (Level 8)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$21,450 NZD Per Year
- Completed the Bachelor of Media Arts 65% or better in 4 level 7 modules and a mark average of 65% in two contextual modules at level 5 and level 6, or
- completed an undergraduate degree specialising in communication, graphic design, painting, moving image, sculpture, photography, digital media design, music production or song writing with mark average of 65% or better in 4 level 7 modules and a mark average of 65% in two modules containing a theoretical component at level 5 and 6, or
- a history of professional experience in communication, graphic design, painting, sculpture, moving image, photography, digital media design, music production or song writing together with the ability to undertake independent practical and theoretical research at a level equivalent to that which would be possessed by graduates of the Bachelor of Media Arts with a mark average as specified above. Relevance of professional experience will be determined on the basis of an interview and portfolio. Candidates will be accepted onto the programme at the discretion of the Media Arts Postgraduate Programme Committee.
- Any candidate for the Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) who is not a graduate of Wintec's Bachelor of Media Arts degree will be required to submit a portfolio of recent work which demonstrates the nature and quality of their practice.
- All application documentation submitted for assessment must be in English.
- International English Language Test System (IELTS) score of 6.5, with no individual band score lower than 6.0; or equivalent.
- TOEFL IBT 79
- TOEFL PBT score of 590
- Pearson score of 58.
If you want to further your learning in arts and/or update your studio practice and understanding of current discourse in your field, then the Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) offers a contemporary, open and rigorous learning environment tailored to your needs.
The Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) is a postgraduate programme - ideal for graduates who wish to undertake an in-depth investigation into their chosen field, within a research-focused learning environment. This programme offers opportunities for responding to and anticipating new developments in the visual arts, communication and music fields. The Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) continues the focus of undergraduate programmes in Media Arts where multi-disciplinary practice is encouraged.
As an Honours student you will receive supervision for both the practical and the theoretical components of your study. Additional supervision from external representatives of your professional field can also be established. You will have frequent formal and informal meetings and critiques with other staff and students to discuss your work, helping you to frame and respond critically to issues surrounding your practice at the level required by the professional world. The learning environment is good-humoured, varied and active, encouraging input from staff and students equally.
Facilities in the School of Media Arts are made available to you as determined by the nature and requirements of your project. Individual studio spaces, fabrication workshops and industry-standard digital and moving image facilities are provided for Honours students. Various test spaces, exhibition sites, tutorial and critique rooms are used for scheduled classes and for formative and casual review of work. Technical staff maintain the operation of facilities and equipment and are available to assist you in practical and logistical issues in your study.
What You'll Learn
The programme includes the study of two modules, which can be studied full or part-time:
Research Practice (900 hours)
Includes a major studio-based research project and a parallel written research paper.
Contemporary Theory (300 hours)
Includes a tutorial-based survey of some recent theories of relevance to the arts and media.
The Bachelor of Media Arts (Honours) may lead to employment as a Designer, Filmmaker, Studio Artist, Advertising Photographer, Art Director, Art Educator, Broadcast Designer, Cinematographer, Editorial Photographer, Environmental Designer, Exhibition Designer, Film Editor, Film Producer, Freelance Photographer, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Photojournalist, Public Artist, Scriptwriter, Web Designer, Songwriter, Composer, or Music or Art Teacher.
You should have:
English Language Requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =