维特利亚国立理工学院/Whitireia New Zealand
Master of Information Technology
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：NZ $31,500 for the entire...
- critically evaluate research literature in Information Technology and related disciplines
- work effectively in multicultural teams and exercise leadership as required
- show evidence of advanced knowledge about an applied field of enquiry
- engage in rigorous intellectual analysis, criticism and problem-solving
- work independently and appreciate the need for continued learning
- demonstrate mastery of sophisticated theoretical subject matter
- apply their advanced knowledge and skills to new situations
- plan, conduct and report on substantial applied research projects
- manage projects involving the use of Information Technology
- assess the impact of Information Technology on society
- communicate effectively (orally, visually and in writing)
- research, analyse and argue from evidence
- identify, analyse and address ethical issues
- undertake further postgraduate study
- the compulsory papers IT8501 and IT8502
- either IT9501 or IT9502
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
Focus your research on the latest developments in your area of speciality. Choose hands-on research relevant to your career from a range of options including data mining, cloud computing, business analysis, business intelligence, ICT infrastructure, information management, mobile devices, network design and management, security and forensics, quality assurance and system architecture.
The aim of this programme is to enable students to gain internationally recognised skills and knowledge in the area of Information Technology (IT) to assist New Zealand in its drive toward a knowledge-based economy. This is a study option for domestic students who are currently working within the sector and wish to upgrade their qualifications to master level while still engaging with the work force, and international students who want to gain a master qualification to assist either in an application for permanent residence or in obtaining employment in their country of origin.
Graduates of the Master of Information Technology will be able to:
A graduate who completes a 90 credit thesis will also be able to demonstrate a high order of skill in the planning, execution and completion of a piece of applied research.
The Master of Information Technology (Level 9) (MIT) is an 18 month full-time programme (180 credits). This programme requires the completion of papers plus a research component. Each paper in the Master of Information Technology is worth 15 or 30 credits and requires approximately 150 or 300 learning hours. There are two options for the research component; one is a 45 credit research report and the other a 90 credit thesis.
Students must achieve 180 credits from the approved level 8 and level 9 papers. The 180 credits must include:
Students have five years in which to complete the diploma from the date of first enrolment.
Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or related subject with at least a B grade average at Level 7 (or 8) or related subject and relevant work or professional experience
IELTS 6.5 (no band lower than 6.0)