新西兰联合理工学院/Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
设计Master of Design
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$24,313 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Whanganui Campus
- Understand the historical, social, bi-cultural and multi-cultural context in which they work
- Provide evidence of effort and application in successfully completing the learning outcomes
- Apply knowledge, research skills and attitudes learned through problem solving projects in selected areas of design
- Understand the importance and use of a design theory and methodology as a way of working
- Show evidence of exploration, experimentation and applied innovation through research
- Have considerable experience in the operation of hardware and software
- Positively evaluate their own work and that of others
- Negotiate commitments and meet deadlines
- Apply an integrity of approach to materials, process and intention
- Art/Design education
- Art/Design studios
- Fashion Studios
- Galleries and museums
- Set design and styling
- Television and video production
- Printing, publishing and illustration
- Research and development
- Graphic design
- Textile design
- Visual communications
- Website design
- Object and craft design
- Practicing artist
- Doctoral study
UCOL's highly skilled lecturers deliver the art/design theory and original academic/applied research required for you to create advanced projects of your choice in either time-based/print-based design, object design/visual arts or fashion/textile design.
Master of Design graduates will excel in a range of industries such as galleries, fashion houses, graphic design studios, film and television, printing and publishing, web design, art studios, set design and much more.
Candidates for this programme must undertake and complete a written thesis based on their research initiatives and prepare a body of work for final exhibition. They must possess an exceptional degree of motivation and a strong enthusiasm for art/design.
Career & Study Outcomes
Graduates of UCOL's Master of Design will be able to:
Graduates will be suitably equipped to work in a variety of roles in the design based industries, including:
The programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under the provisions of the Education Act 1989, and Universal College of Learning (UCOL) Trading as Universal College of Learning (UCOL) is accredited to teach it.
To be eligible for entry into the Master of Design, applicants must have graduated with a Bachelor’s degree, or a similar qualification in art or design, or be able to demonstrate equivalent skills and knowledge.
Applications must be made on the standard UCOL Student Application Form and provide information on relevant experience, academic qualifications and academic record.
Applicants may be asked to provide a portfolio of original, developmental and finished work.
The minimum entry requirement for international students is IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6 (or equivalent, including TOEFL). IELTS scores used must be taken from a single IELTS Test Report Form (i.e. combining scores from more than one test is not permissible).
Applicants under 20 years of age:
For international applicants under 20 years of age who do not hold NCEA, International Academic Qualifications Entry Criteria apply.