新西兰联合理工学院/Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Vet Nursing Assistant) - Level 5
- 学费：$20,930 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Palmerston North Campus (Main Campus)
- Work in client business interface of animal related facility;
- Maintain animal health and husbandry of animals in a veterinary clinic;
- Care for hospitalized patients;
- Assist in surgery preparation and anaesthesia;
- Assist with routine diagnostic procedures.
- Veterinary nurse assistant
- Pet stores and groomers
- Boarding and training facilities
- Animal rescue centres
- Animal recreation businesses
- Pet sitters and walker
- Or staircase to further study
- Applied Safety and Anatomy for Veterinary Nursing Practice
- Animal Behaviour, Handling and Nutrition
- Health Care of Animals for Veterinary Nursing
- Introduction to Veterinary Practice
- Welfare and Well-Being for Veterinary Practice
- Veterinary Surgical and Diagnostic Services
- Anaesthetic Monitoring and Analgesia of Animal Patients
- Care of Hospitalised Animal Patients
- Totally Vets
- Southern Rangitikei Veterinary Services (SRVS)
- Cahill Animal Hospital
- Veterinary Nursing Educational Standards Committee (VNESC)
- NZ Pharmaceuticals (NZP)
- Gribbles Veterinary
- Other local Veterinary Clinics
- Declare any previous criminal convictions prior to admission being confirmed. Convictions of any offence may not necessarily exclude applicants from enrolment; the decision is at the discretion of the Academic Leader; and
- Authorise UCOL to obtain a background check from the New Zealand Police Licensing and Vetting Agency; and
- Complete a health declaration form including tetanus status; and
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working with the public. This may be shown by a reference from an employer where the applicant has worked with the public, or by a reference from a teacher attesting to social skills.
- A minimum of 20 hours observing in a veterinary clinic. This may be demonstrated by information in the applicant's CV, or a separate written attestation.
- A minimum of 70 hours with businesses such as SPCA, kennels, catteries, pet shops or on a farm.
At UCOL you will discover the rich rewards of working with animals. Upon completion of this programme, you will be able to provide assistance to veterinarians and veterinary nurses in a companion animal practice, or continue your studies with the New Zealand Diploma in Vet Nursing Level 6.
As a graduate of this qualification, you will be able to:
Career and Study Outcomes
Companion animal veterinary nursing related or animal care fields:
Applicants under the age of 20:
Applicants must have the equivalent of NCEA L2 including 12 level 2 English credits; 12 level 1 Maths credits and 12 credits of relevant Science at level 1.
All applicants are required to:
In addition, applicants are required to demonstrate previous experience working with animals. Either:
These may be demonstrated by information in the applicant's Curriculum Vitae, or a separate written attestation. Upon being contacted by UCOL, a referee must be able to verify this experience.
International student applicants whose first language is not English must have an IELTS (or equivalent including TOEFL) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.
Under 20 years of age
For international applicants under 20 years of age who do not hold NCEA, International Academic Qualifications Entry Criteria apply.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =