新西兰联合理工学院/Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4)
- 学费：$9,934 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Palmerston North Campus (Main Campus)
- Deliver safe and effective exercise programmes, including prescreening, within own scope of practice and industry code of ethics;
- Apply knowledge of anatomy and physiology to adapt and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes to individuals;
- Adapt programmes for apparently healthy people and common at risk groups using exercise science and testing;
- Apply motivational and communication techniques to enhance individual participant commitment to a personalised exercise programme;
- Apply a health and wellness framework and evidence-based nutrition principles to support a personalised exercise programme and recommend referral pathways to allied health professionals;
- Use marketing and business tools and techniques to support business practices as an exercise professional
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science
Gain the knowledge to prescribe fitness programmes in UCOL's New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4).
UCOL's New Zealand Certificate in Fitness provides students with the knowledge to prescribe, deliver and adapt fitness programmes to both health clients and common at risk groups.
Note to Levin students: you can study this course at Horwhenua Learning Centre in Levin.
Career & Study Outcomes
This programme leads to students being recognised by the New Zealand Register of Exercise Professionals giving graduates Personal Trainer Contractor Registration Level.
Successful graduates of New Zealand Certificate in Exercise will be able to:
Graduates can be employed or self-employed in roles such as: exercise consultant, community exercise instructor, team training instructor or personal trainer.
Graduates who wish to further specialise can enrol in:
The following will be covered during the programme:
Exercise Programming - To provide students with the knowledge to prescribe, deliver and adapt fitness programs to both health clients and common at risk groups.
Health and Wellness - To provide students with knowledge of health and wellness frameworks. Incorporation of nutrition principles, wider allied health professionals and effective motivation and communication techniques to enhance commitment to personalized exercise programmes.
Business Practices - To provide students with knowledge of how to apply marketing and business practices as an exercise professional.
The programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority under section 249 of the Education Act 1989, and Universal College of Learning (UCOL) Trading as Universal College of Learning (UCOL) is accredited to provide it under section 250 of the Act.
NCEA Level 2 OR
Equivalent academic achievement OR
On a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Executive Dean.
International student applicants whose first language is not English must have an IELTS (or equivalent including TOEFL) score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5. IELTS scores used must be taken from a single IELTS Test Report Form (i.e. combining scores from more than one test is not permissible).
Applicants under 20 years of age:
For international applicants under 20 years of age who do not hold NCEA, International Academic Qualifications Entry Criteria apply.