新西兰国立理工学院/Unitec Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Performing and Screen Arts (Contemporary Dance)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$22,489 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Unitec Institute of Technology
- A rewarding and challenging experience that introduces you to an exciting and varied professional career in dance. Whether you create your own live work or dance on stage or screen, you'll be joining an artistic community that includes many of our graduates.
- A focus on live performance, including opportunities to both dance and choreograph. Daily studio practice under the guidance of experienced national and international industry practitioners.
- A close relationship with the dance industry and community.
- A chance to collaborate with other performing arts students; you'll share classes with actors, directors, writers, production design management and film and television students.
- Professional dancer
- Dance and performance artist
- Dance teacher
- Performing arts manager
- Arts administrator
- 14 credits in two different approved subjects; and
- 14 credits from up to two subjects (approved or non-approved)
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- NZCEL (Academic) (Level 4)
- IELTS score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL (pBT) Paper-based test score of 550 (essay 5 TWE)
- TOEFL (iBT) Internet-based test score of 60 (writing 18)
- FCE or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- Pearson Test of English (PToE) Academic with a score of 50 with no score lower than 42
Learn to choreograph and perform at a professional level by becoming part of the largest full-time contemporary dance programme in New Zealand. Participate in a diverse array of performances, ranging from solo and group work to commissioned works by guest choreographers.
The Contemporary Dance major is the most established, full-time contemporary dance programme in New Zealand, and continues to develop a community of dance artists who contribute innovative choreography and performance excellence to the industry. Unitec's dance graduates are seen in all major productions throughout New Zealand.
With a comprehensive programme covering technique, choreography, dance studies and digital dance, you'll gain the knowledge, tools and abilities to pursue the range of opportunities available to you as a contemporary dance artist.
Technique and choreography for stage and screen
With the emphasis on practicality, you'll spend up to six hours a day in the studio, developing your craft in a range of dance techniques including contemporary, ballet, muscle and bone, pilates, yoga, choreography, partnering work and improvisation. You'll also develop skills in dance and multimedia through creating and performing in dance for film.
Live performance will be an integral part of your studies where you'll get to explore your technique and choreographic craft as an emerging practitioner. Taught by leading contemporary dance artists and choreographers, you'll develop numerous dance projects of your own. You'll choreograph and perform in dance works for theatre, events, festivals and film as well as gaining a hands-on understanding of funding and promotion activities. Technology plays a key role in our learning environment. You'll gain practical experience in sound and music design, video editing, costume, lighting, props and scenery.
Dance studies and critical practices
Throughout your studies, you'll develop an understanding of dance histories and associated theories in our unique culture of critical studies. Alongside your future industry peers, you'll explore in-depth theoretical and critical thought, integrating theory and professional practice in an exciting cross-discipline environment.
Around 100 people apply each year for the 30 places offered in Year One. All auditions will be held over Labour Weekend. You'll be given clear information at the time of your application about how to prepare. From this workshop, the final selection of trainee dancers is made for the following year.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. 42 credits at NCEA Level 3 or higher including:
2. 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 or higher in English or Te Reo Maori (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
3. 14 credits in NCEA Level 1 or higher in Mathematics or Pangarau
English Language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =