新西兰国立理工学院/Unitec Institute of Technology
Certificate in Language Teaching (Level 5)
- 学费：NZ $8,109 for the entire...
- Applicable to any language: while the focus of the programme is on teaching English, the skills you'll learn can be transferred to the teaching of any language.
- Option to complete the internationally recognised external programme - Cambridge Certiﬁcate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA)
- Emphasis on teaching practice: take part in team teaching sessions with adult language students for a total of six hours, with feedback from lecturers. You'll also need to make time for class observations, lesson preparation and assignment work.
- A chance to observe experienced language teachers "in action" in the classroom for a total of six hours.
- An overall IELTS band score (Academic) of no less than 6.5 (with no less than 6.0 in writing)
- Have a TOEFL score of no less than 575 (230 in computer-based test and 6 in TWE), or equivalent
- 授课校区：Unitec Institute of Technology
Want to work as a language teacher? Learn about language and how to teach a language, in this Certificate. Find out more about different teaching contexts, practise what you’ve learnt teaching real language students and gain internationally recognised CELTA as part of this qualification.
Do you want a career in language teaching? Learning to teach English could open up exciting career opportunities for you, in New Zealand or around the world. The Certificate in Language Teaching gives you the skills to become an effective language teacher. This programme is ideal for those who are new to teaching languages, as well as those who have some teaching experience. You'll improve your understanding of language and how to teach a language, and learn more about various teaching contexts.
There are 3 possible ways you can complete this programme:
CLT: You can complete the Certificate in Language Teaching (CLT) on its own. This option supports those who may wish to teach a language other than English and provides greater depth into teaching English around the world and the varying contexts of those students.
CELTA: Unitec is an accredited provider of the international external programme the Cambridge Certiﬁcate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA). You can complete CELTA on its own. This consists of 2 courses, at a total of 30 credits. This qualification is well recognised internationally. All CELTA candidates will need to meet all CELTA entry and assessment criteria.
CLT & CELTA: Or you can complete both the CLT and the CELTA programmes. This consists of 3 courses at a total of 45 credits. The benefit of this option is you’ll gain both qualifications, the international recognition, as well as the depth about teaching English to adults around the world.
Language teacher in New Zealand or overseas
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. A total of 60 credits at NCEA Level 2 from four different subjects including a minimum of 8 credits in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
2. Have knowledge or experience teaching and a second language
3. Be at least 16 years old by the time the programme begins
4. Attend an interview – you’ll be required to demonstrate awareness of language through a pre-interview awareness task
5. Candidates who have English as a second language must have achieved one or more of the following:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =