新西兰国立理工学院/Unitec Institute of Technology
New Zealand Certificate in Animal Management (Companion Animals) - Level 4
- 学费：Please contact the provider
- 授课校区：Unitec Institute of Technology
- Practical work placements in an animal industry of your choice
- Practical experience within Unitec’s Mt Albert small animal unit
- Experienced lecturers who are experts in the fields of animal behaviour, health, and welfare, and continue to work and research closely with industry
- Strong links with industry: there’s an increasing awareness of the importance of animal management in New Zealand, and we’re considered world leaders in animal welfare
- Animal control
- Pet stores
- Doggy daycare
- Pet product sales representative
- NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- NZCEL (Level 3) with endorsement of either General or Workplace or Academic
- IELTS score of 5.5 with no band score of 5
- TOEFL (pBT) Paper-based test score of 530 (essay 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL (iBT) Internet-based test score of 46 (writing 14)
- FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- Pearson Test of English (PToE) Academic with a score of 42 with no score lower than 36
Develop the knowledge and confidence to work with, care for, and manage the day-to-day needs of a wide range of companion animals in different situations. Learn about animal behaviour, and how to recognise signs of good and bad health in a range of companion animals.
If you have an interest in working with, and managing companion animals like dogs, cats, rabbits, rodents, and birds, then this is the programme for you. Explore the basics of animal anatomy, health, welfare, behaviour, and husbandry across a range of companion animals and understand how these areas help us manage animals in a range of environments. Develop an awareness of the social, ethical and environmental issues that affect animal management. Apply your knowledge and understanding of what you are learning in self-selected work placements. Discover how to communicate effectively within a team and apply basic business and customer service skills in the work environment.
Where to next?
If you’re interested in continuing your studies, this programme will give you the academic admission requirements for higher-level animal programmes at Unitec, including the Bachelor of Applied Science (Animal Management and Welfare).
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. 36 credits at NCEA Level 2 including 12 credits in English
2. 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 in a relevant science subject
3. If English is not your first language, you will need one or more of the following:
English Language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =