新西兰国立理工学院/Unitec Institute of Technology
New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Veterinary Nursing Assistant) - Level 5
- 学费：$21,375 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Unitec Institute of Technology
- Learn from lecturers who are experienced veterinarians and veterinary nurses, and who work closely with the veterinary industry
- Gain hands-on experience at Unitec’s on-campus, award-winning veterinary simulation clinic, our veterinary clinic Vet Care Unitec, as well as Veterinary Specialist Group and external veterinary clinics
- Develop a solid understanding of best practice in a professional clinical environment
- Benefit from a blended learning approach that includes group work, online tutorials, practical sessions and one-to-one supervision.
- Veterinary nurse assistant (NZ or overseas veterinary clinics)
- Animal shelter/rescue centre employee
- Kennel/cattery employee
- Pet product industry representative
- Laboratory animal assistant
- Own business options such as pet minding, product retail, etc
- NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- NZCEL (Academic) (Level 4)
- IELTS score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0
- TOEFL (pBT) Paper-based test score of 550 (essay 5 TWE)
- TOEFL (iBT) Internet-based test score of 46 (writing 14)
- FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- Pearson Test of English (PToE) Academic with a score of 42 with no score lower than 36
Learn the fundamentals of animal nursing with lots of opportunity to put theory into practice at Unitec’s on-campus veterinary clinic Vet Care Unitec, sister clinic Vet Care Grey Lynn, as well as your choice of external clinics across New Zealand.
The New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Veterinary Nursing Assistant) is a hands-on programme that teaches the practical skills, knowledge and attributes needed to help assist with the care of animals in a clinical environment.
Through tutorials, group work, practical sessions, and demonstrations you will learn to assist veterinarians and veterinary nurses and contribute to providing a high standard of care for patients. You will be able to put your skills into practice in Unitec’s veterinary simulation clinic as well as during placements at veterinary clinics.
As well as building practical skills, you will get a firm grounding in the principles that underpin the health, husbandry, welfare, and behaviour of animals. You will also learn the communication and business aspects needed to work effectively in animal industries. This combination will give you the ethical values and cultural understanding that you need to be an effective member of a professional veterinary team.
If you successfully complete the programme, you can apply to enrol in the New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing. You’ll need to successfully complete the diploma programme to be able to graduate as a qualified veterinary nurse and become registered with the New Zealand Veterinary Nursing Association.
You could also continue your studies with the Bachelor of Applied Science (Animal Management and Welfare) which allows for the cross-crediting of multiple papers.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. 60 credits at NCEA Level 2 including 12 credits in English
2. 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 in one science subject
3. 12 credits at NCEA Level 1 in Mathematics
4. Demonstrate work experience with animals and an aptitude for working with the public
English Language requirements: