新西兰国立理工学院/Unitec Institute of Technology
New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing
- 学费：$22,277 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Unitec Institute of Technology
- Build advanced technical skills through a significant amount of clinical practice at Unitec's on-campus veterinary facilities and at external clinics across New Zealand
- Develop a thorough understanding of: what's considered best practice in a clinical environment and the ethical and welfare implications of veterinary care
- Learn from experienced lecturers who are knowledgeable in veterinary medicine/science, animal health and welfare, microbiology, genetics and animal behaviour
- Benefit from a blended learning approach that includes practical sessions, group work, online/small group tutorials, and one-on-one supervision
- The opportunity to apply for a practical placement at the New Zealand Centre for Conservation Medicine at Auckland Zoo (placements limited)
- Qualified veterinary nurse (with opportunities to advance to senior levels)
- Veterinary clinic practice manager
- Pet food company representative
- Veterinary supply company representative
- Pharmaceutical company representative
- Laboratory animal manager
- Laboratory animal technician
- Breeding centre manager
- Have achieved NCEA Level 3 and New Zealand University entrance
- NZCEL (Academic) (Level 4)
- IELTS score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL (pBT) Paper-based test score of 550 (essay 5 TWE)
- TOEFL (iBT) Internet-based test score of 60 (writing 18)
- FCE or FCE for schools, or CAE, or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- Pearson Test of English (PToE) Academic with a score of 50 with no score lower than 42
Study to be a qualified veterinary nurse and develop the technical skills and medical knowledge you need to become an effective veterinary nurse in a professional veterinary team.
The New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing provides a platform for you to build the hands-on skills and knowledge you need to become a qualified veterinary nurse and help animals maintain the best possible health and quality of life in a clinical environment. It is the ideal next step if you have already completed the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Veterinary Nursing Assistant) or equivalent and want to advance your capabilities to the next level.
Through demonstrations, practical sessions, group work, small group tutorials and real life case studies, you'll learn how to manage patients and clients, and contribute to the treatment and care of animals. There are plenty of opportunities to put theory into practice at external veterinary clinics across New Zealand and at Unitec’s on-campus veterinary facilities including our veterinary simulation clinic, Vet Care Unitec (our fully functioning vet clinic), or the on-site specialist veterinary hospital, Veterinary Specialist Group.
You will graduate as a qualified veterinary nurse who is able to work effectively and efficiently in a clinical setting, and you’ll be eligible for registration with the New Zealand Veterinary Nursing Association.
Once you’ve completed this programme, you could continue your studies with the Bachelor of Applied Science (Animal Management and Welfare) which allows for the cross crediting of multiple papers.
For this programme, you will need the following:
1. Successfully completed the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Veterinary Nursing Assistant) or equivalent
2. Complete a self-declaration of criminal convictions and medical conditions form
3. Sign a consent form allowing a Ministry of Justice convictions database search by Unitec Institute of Technology
4. Complete a medical declaration which provides evidence of your ability to practice safely as a veterinary nurse
5. 8 credits at NCEA Level 2 in English (4 in reading, 4 in writing)
English Language requirements: