新西兰国立中部理工学院/Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Cookery Strand) (Level 5)
- 学费：$19,950 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Mokoia Campus
- New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Cookery) (Level 5)
- Senior‐level opportunities as chefs
- Artisan foods: cheese and cheese-making, advanced cold larder, condiments and breads
- Meat, poultry and fish
- Sausage-making, salamis and small goods, curing, brining, smoking
- Ethnic cuisine, global, local and cultural influences on food and beverage, global cuisine trends
- Food safety supervision
- Menu planning and costing
- Food and beverage service (barista, restaurant)
- Food and beverage matching (wine/beer)
- Planning, buying, costing and control
- Roles in the commercial kitchen, managing staff and staff rosters
- Planning for food and beverage events
- Supervising food production
- Sustainable practices
- Market research, design and promotion
- Food product development and showcase
- Market Day event
- Industry work-based project (unpaid)
- hold the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) or an equivalent qualification as approved by relevant department staff, OR
- be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge and skills in culinary arts to the relevant department staff.
Take your cooking skills to the next level and you’ll go places! New Zealand’s booming hospitality industry is crying out for chefs with a range of skills.
In this one-year Culinary Arts cooking course you get plenty of hands-on experience to advance your culinary talents. You spend four weeks on placement as part of a real-life kitchen team and we team you up with other hospitality students to plan, organise, prepare and run events on campus for invited guests.
You also learn introductory management skills, such as planning and costing menus, and find out about product development, innovation, design and marketing.
Upon successfully completing the requirements you'll receive the award of:
TOPICS YOU'LL COVER
You'll need to confirm you have the physical capability to safely withstand 4‐8 hour sessions of working in the commercial kitchen environment.
Due to health and safety factors and space constraints, which restrict the number of students who can be accommodated in the commercial kitchens, limits on numbers may be imposed on this course.
English Language requirements:
Level 5 certificate or diploma
IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0; TOEFL Internet-based Test (iBT) score of 46 or higher (with a writing score of 20); TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5.0 TWE); FCE, FCE for schools, with a score of 162, no less than 154 in each skill; NZCEL of Level 4 with the Academic endorsement; PToE (Academic) score of 42.