新西兰泰普迪尼理工学院/Tai Poutini Polytechnic Greymouth
教育Certificate in Outdoor Education (Level 4)
- 学费：$19,500 NZD Per Year
- 开学时间：Expected February-2019
- 授课校区：Tai Poutini Polytechnic Greymouth
- COE400 Kayaking Applied Practice
- COE401 Rafting Applied Practice
- COE402 Rock Climbing Applied Practice
- COE403 Mountain Applied Practice
- Having successfully completed the Outdoor Education programme, you can go on to the Diploma in Outdoor Instruction and Guiding, Certificate in Ski Patrol or Diploma in Ecotourism to further develop yourself and your career. We offer a well-rounded programme that reflects current industry standards.
- CPIT Programme Pathway - Bachelor of Sustainability & Outdoor Education (Level 7)
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must meet IELTS (or equivalent) Level 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0.
- Applicants must have attended a minimum of four years secondary schooling.
- Applicants must have successfully completed NCEA Level One (or equivalent), including a minimum of 12 credits in English, 12 credits in Maths and 12 credits in Science.
- Applicants must hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- Applicants must have a reasonable level of fitness and be able to swim.
The Certificate programme combines the best of the outdoor opportunities that the West Coast and beyond can provide.
Whether you're a keen beginner with general outdoor experience or already have considerable technical experience under your belt, the Certificate in Outdoor Education will increase your skills and challenge you. Our low student to tutor ratios and teaching experience mean we can help you progress at your level, pushing you further for more challenge or breaking it down if it's all new to you.
To augment the practical subjects and round out your skill set we'll spend some time in the classroom studying risk assessment and management, meteorology, environmental science, digital media, communication skills, tikanga Maori, leadership and facilitation, outdoor first aid, pursuit theory, trip planning, exercise science, work and study skills.
Core course components
Develop the skills, knowledge and attitude to become an independent kayaker on Grade 2 whitewater with peer groups, and execute multiday seakayak trips on sheltered coastal waters.
Develop the skills, knowledge and attitude to guide a raft and perform appropriate rescues on Grade 2 whitewater.
Develop the skills, knowledge and attitude to top rope and abseil independently with peers at adventure crags, and lead climb on indoor walls.
Develop the skills, knowledge and attitude to become an independent mountaineer on Grade 1 snow terrain with peers. Other Subjects other practical subjects include: tramping, ice-climbing, navigation, survival, river-crossing and outdoor catering.
Further study options
Graduates of the Certificate in Outdoor Education are capable of moving into the tourism or education sectors in a variety of entry level roles. Examples of such roles include adventure and ecotourism guiding, education outside the classroom, community health and recreation programming and youth development programmes. There is a global market for this skill set and graduates of this programme are well placed to take advantage of this.
These skills enable graduates to be self-sufficient technically in a range of outdoor settings. The level is commensurate with that of a trainee instructor or guide in adventure tourism or outdoor education settings where the clients are beginners or closely supervised with established safety systems in place. These graduates would be working with experienced practitioners under direct supervision.
Graduates will have the skills and knowledge to facilitate low risk outdoor experiences for clients or students within a range of outdoor settings. Knowledge of physical health, education and a specialist First Aid qualification adds to their ability to observe and manage client/student safety.
Basic facilitation and presentation skills will enable graduates to manage a non complex client or student experience in line with the expected outcomes of the organisation they are representing.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =