新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Sport and Exercise
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$16,000 NZD Per Year
- This is a top quality academic degree with the choice of majoring in Recreation Management, Exercise Science/Health Promotion or PE (Physical Education) Teaching
- Papers include anatomy, physiology, exercise prescription, endurance conditioning, rehabilitation, nutrition, psychology, research, communication, business and marketing
- Specialist equipment in our Human Performance Centre includes a VO2 metabolic cart and students get regular opportunities to test and work with top local athletes
- Students gain work experience in their area of interest during a 6-month industry placement in the third year
- 14 credits each, in three approved subjects.
- Literacy, 10 credits at Level 2 or above made up of 5 credits in reading and 5 credits in writing.
- Numeracy, 10 credits at Level 1 or above made up of achievement standards - specified achievement standards available through a range of subjects or unit standards - package of three numeracy unit standards 26623, 26626, 26627. All three required.
- IELTS Test: Academic Score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT): Score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT): Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: FCE or FCE for schools or CAE or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill
- Pearson Test of English Academic: PToE Academic with score of 50
- City and Guilds IESOL: B2 Communicator with a score of 66
- NZCEL: Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise degree has been designed to prepare graduates for a leadership career in the sport, recreation and fitness industry. The course of study includes foundation sports management and sport science papers. Additional papers in Years Two and Three of the course ensure subject specialisation with theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
The Bachelor of Sport and Exercise provides students with independent educational abilities and professional skills which meet the needs of the sport and exercise industry and enable graduates to continually re-educate themselves through their working lives
To meet requirements for the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise, students may choose up to a maximum of 150 credits at level 5, plus a minimum of 210 credits at Levels 6 and 7, with a minimum of 90 credits at level 7. Electives may be taken from this or another programme.
There are three pathways students can take within the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise:
Physical Education Teaching / Coaching
This pathway is designed for people wishing to coach or move into Physical Education and Health teaching in secondary schools. The pathway provides an in depth background in exercise science, health, and physical activity. The pathway essentially develops skills in pedagogy which are applicable to teaching and coaching environments.
Exercise Science / Health Promotion
This pathway is suited to students interested in sport sciences, conditioning, rehabilitation and health promotion.
Sport and Leisure Management
This pathway is designed for students interested in opportunities such as event and facility management, sports coordinators in schools or sports associations, and recreation planners in local government, funding agencies, and sports groups. Students also complete papers aligned to the teaching pathway to develop necessary people skills and to experience a broad range of exercise and leisure activities.
To satisfactorily complete and be awarded the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise a student must achieve a minimum of 360 credits in accordance with the Programme Schedule for the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise.
a minimum of 210 credits at the NZQA 6 and 7 level
a minimum of 90 credits at the 7 level
a maximum of 150 credits at the 5 level
School Aged Leavers
University Entrance: NCEA Level 3 - Three subjects at Level 3 or above made up of the following:
Applicants over the age of 20 years
Applicants over the age of 20 years will be considered where they can demonstrate the ability to succeed in a programme. This includes successful completion of a programme of study at Level 4 or above and/or commitment to a sporting code and/or recent experience working in a sport and exercise related capacity in a sports related business or gym.
English Language Requirements
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =