新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with Strand in Rural Animal Technician
- 学费：$14,000 NZD Per Year
- RAT500 Professional Practise
- RAT505 Fundamentals of Animal Health and Safety, Welfare, Behaviour and Legislation
- RAT510 Handling and Husbandry of Production Animals and Horses
- RAT515 Anatomy and Physiology
- RAT520 Diseases, Transmission and Control
- RAT525 Preventative Health for Production Animals and Horses
- RAT530 Pharmacology and Current Legislation
- RAT535 Diagnostic Sampling and Laboratory Practice
- RAT540 Technical tasks for Cattle, Sheep and Goats
- RAT545 Technical tasks for Horses, Pigs, Deer, Camelids
- Achieved all of the graduate profile outcomes for that strand showing competence to a minimum of 120 credits in accordance with the programme schedule for the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician and Veterinary Nursing Assistant.
- Completed required practical and theoretical course work and assignments.
- Completed a minimum of 240 hours of approved strand related work experience.
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience working with animals, and an aptitude for working with the public.
- Suitable experience includes: three or more days observing in a veterinary clinic or equivalent.
- An aptitude for working with the public may include reference from an employer where the prospective student has worked with the public (e.g. retail), reference from a teacher attesting to social skills.
- Have completed 60 NCEA credits at Level 2
- Have a minimum of 12 NCEA credits in English at Level 2 and 12 credits in Maths at Level 1; and 12 credits of relevant science at Level 1 or
- The equivalent secondary study or
- Meet the education provider‘s requirements for the equivalent numeracy and literacy standards.
- IELTS test - Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) – Score of 550 (with an essay score 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet- based test (iBT) – Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations – FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill.
- NZCEL – Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PToE (Academic score of 50)
- City and Guilds IESOL – B2 Communicator with a score of 66
- 开学时间：Expected February-2019
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
This programme provides a strong mix of theory and practical skills using an integrated approach and module based assessments. Students will complete activities in our Zoo rooms and on a farm and at least 240 hours of approved work placement will be completed during the year.
This course is designed to provide education and training for people wishing to progress to higher levels of tertiary training, or gain employment in animal related industry sectors, including veterinary practices, animal laboratories, pet shops, kennels, animal welfare agencies, or farms and representatives for animal drug companies.
With this qualification students may choose to travel overseas and gain employment at a higher level. Locum at various veterinary clinics around the world while gaining valuable practical experience.
Please note that the Veterinary Nursing Assistant strand of this qualification is a prerequisite to enrolment into the Level 6 New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing.
To satisfactorily complete New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician and Veterinary Nursing Assistant and be awarded this qualification the student must successfully achieve: -
Rural Animal Technician strand:
The student will normally be expected to complete each strand of the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician and Veterinary Nursing Assistant full-time over 34 tutorial weeks or part-time over 2 years.
For the Rural Animal Technician strand applicants should:
For those people entering this qualification the following entry requirements apply:
English Language Requirements
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =