新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with Strand in Veterinary Nursing Assistant
- 学费：$14,000 NZD Per Year
- VNA550 Professional Practice
- VNA560 Fundamentals of Animal Health and Safety, Welfare and Legislation
- VNA565 Handling and Husbandry of Companion Animals
- VNA570 Anatomy and Physiology
- VNA575 Diseases, Transmission and Control
- VNA580 Preparation for Surgery
- VNA585 Basic Anaesthesia
- VNA590 Nursing
- VNA595 Diagnostic Sampling
- Achieved all of the graduate profile outcomes for that strand showing competence to a minimum of 120 credits in accordance with the programme schedule for the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician and Veterinary Nursing Assistant.
- Completed required practical and theoretical course work and assignments.
- Completed a minimum of 240 hours of approved strand related work experience.
- Suitable experience includes: Three or more days observing in a veterinary clinic or equivalent.
- An aptitude for working with the public may include reference from an employer where the prospective student has worked with the public (e.g. retail), reference from a teacher attesting to social skills.
- Have completed 60 NCEA credits at Level 2
- Have a minimum of 12 NCEA credits in English at Level 2 and 12 credits in Maths at Level 1; and 12 credits of relevant science at Level 1; or
- The equivalent secondary study; or
- Meet the education provider‘s requirements for the equivalent numeracy and literacy standards.
- IELTS test - Academic score of 6 with no band score lower than 5.5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) – Score of 550 (with an essay score 5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet- based test (iBT) – Score of 60 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations – FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill.
- NZCEL – Level 4 with the Academic endorsement
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PToE (Academic score of 50)
- City and Guilds IESOL – B2 Communicator with a score of 66
- 开学时间：Expected February-2019
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
The programme uses a paper based approach to allow for an efficient integrated approach to learning and assessment. Activities in our Zoo rooms and local industry help ensure the theory knowledge is supported by practical skills.
Each student will spend at least 240 hours in approved work placement.
This course is designed to provide education and training for people wishing to progress to higher levels of tertiary training, or gain employment in animal related industry sectors, including veterinary practices, animal laboratories, pet shops, kennels, animal welfare agencies, or farms and representatives for animal drug companies.
With this qualification students may choose to travel overseas and gain employment at a higher level. Locum at various veterinary clinics around the world while gaining valuable practical experience.
The Veterinary Nursing Assistant strand is a prerequisite to enrolment into the Level 6 New Zealand Diploma in Veterinary Nursing.
To satisfactorily complete New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician and Veterinary Nursing Assistant and be awarded this qualification the student must successfully achieve: -
Veterinary Nursing Assistant strand:
The student will normally be expected to complete each strand of the New Zealand Certificate in Animal Technology (Level 5) with strands in Rural Animal Technician and Veterinary Nursing Assistant full-time over 34 tutorial weeks or part-time over 2 years.
Students should be able to demonstrate previous experience working with animals, and an aptitude for working with the public.
For those people entering this qualification the following entry requirements apply:
English Language Requirements
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =