新西兰国立南方理工学院/Southern Institute of Technology
New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
- 学费：$14,000 NZD Per Year
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cold larder dishes, hot kitchen dishes, and patisserie and desserts employing complex preparation and presentation techniques
- Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety, and security practices to ensure own safety and minimise potential hazards for customers
- Monitor and maintain interactions between colleagues, managers, and customers
- Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen.
- Have successfully completed the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3) or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge;
- Can attend an interview that may be part of the application process;
- Can provide a verified valid work permit/ visa;
- Have successfully completed NCEA Level 1 or
- If over 20 and not able to satisfy the academic requirement above, be able to demonstrate interest in the industry and the potential to succeed;
- Have competence in English and can demonstrate adequate literacy and/or numeracy skills to enable them to meet all academic and health and safety requirements of the programme/course in which they enrol
- Can demonstrate a keen interest in hospitality and indicate a reasonable likelihood of successful completion of the programme
- Are prepared to meet the work ethic required for a career in the hospitality industry
- Have a high level of personal presentation
- IELTS test - Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5
- TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) – Score of 530 (with an essay score 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet- based test (iBT) – Score of 46(with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations – FCE or FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill. OET at Grade C in all sub-tests
- NZCEL – Level 3 with an endorsement of either general, workplace or Academic
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) – PToE (Academic score of 42)
- City & Guilds IESOL – B2 Communicator with a score of 42
- 授课校区：Southern Institute of Technology
Following on from the NZ Certificate in Cookery (Level 3), this Level 4 programme allows the enhancement and further development of students' culinary skills.
SIT's classrooms are well equipped and the tutors are very passionate about their craft. Students operate the Bungalow Restaurant on campus for several periods during the year and are encouraged to enter national culinary arts competitions.
This training will help develop flair and creativity in the culinary arts deemed necessary to gain employment in this exciting and dynamic industry.
On completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4), graduates will have the knowledge and skills to:
This course aims to provide competent, professional employees for the hospitality sector who are able to work as chefs in intermediate positions producing complex dishes in a commercial kitchen.
To satisfactorily complete the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4), and be awarded this qualification the student must successfully achieve a minimum of 120 credits in accordance with the programme schedule for the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4). The student will normally be expected to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) full-time within 34 weeks.
Graduates of this Level 4 programme can enrol in the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) with strands in Cookery.
Entry into the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4) will be granted to applicants who:
English language requirements: