Diploma in Avalanche Studies (Incorporating NZMSC Avalanche Safety Stage 2 Certificate)
- 学费：$20,350 NZD Per Year
- NZMSC Avalanche Safety - Stage 1 (you must supply evidence of having completed this course if you didn't complete it at Otago Polytechnic).
- You must submit a health and safety declaration.
- You must have access to the internet.
- International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet diploma-level entry requirements.
- If English is not your first language, you must also demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no less than 6.0 in writing and speaking, and no less than 5.5 in all other bands.
- An excellent level of health and fitness
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Good decision-making skills.
- 开学时间：To suit the client/individual
- 授课校区：Central Otago Campus
If you love being in the mountains during the winter and have a strong sense of responsibility, have you considered a career in Avalanche Safety?
As the Snowsport tourism industry grows and the emphasis on safe participation increases, there is a steady demand for qualified snow safety personnel around the world. Your expertise could lead to exciting employment opportunities in tourism ventures, numerous ski-field roles, guiding or roading operations. With your mature approach and ability to motivate people, you could consider instructing in these areas or becoming a Snow Safety Manager.
This Diploma incorporates the NZMSC Avalanche Safety Stage 2 Certificate which is a prerequisite for most industry management roles. Otago Polytechnic is the only tertiary institution within New Zealand who deliver this Certificate and we are recognised by the New Zealand Mountain Safety Council and the Canadian Avalanche Association (CAA) for doing so.
During this qualification, you will learn how to apply advanced snow science knowledge to ensure the safety of people and assets in alpine areas, especially avalanche-prone areas. You will also develop the skills to plan and manage avalanche safety programmes.
Further study options
There are no further study options within New Zealand after this qualification as it is the highest award currently offered.
The full Diploma in Avalanche Studies is worth 125 credits and is equivalent to one year's full-time study. The first part of this qualification consists of the Avalanche Safety Stage 2 Certificate.
Avalanche Safety Stage 2
On successful completion of the following compulsory courses (70 credits), you will be awarded the NZMSC Avalanche Safety Stage 2 Certificate. You must successfully complete the first four courses below prior to enrolling in the Field Training Course.
The Field Training course is a practical block course based out of our Wanaka classroom and carried out over five days in Central Otago avalanche terrain. After completion of the Field Training course, you are eligible to enrol in the Integrated Practical Assessment. This eight day block programme is also based in Wanaka and the Central Otago mountains.
The Otago Polytechnic Avalanche Safety Stage 2 Certificate is an advanced programme for people who work full-time within an avalanche risk management programme.
Participants are expected to have at least 80 days of operational field experience making and collecting weather, snowpack, and avalanche activity observations before applying. This generally requires at least two years of active operational field work and experience under the mentorship of Stage 2 graduates. Participants can expect to have logged at least another 20 days (of operational field experience making and collecting weather, snowpack, and avalanche activity observations) prior to attempting their final assessment.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =