Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice
- 学费：$19,190 NZD Per Year
- 开学时间：To suit the client/individual
- 授课校区：Otago Polytechnic
At Capable NZ, we base our philosophy on using the real-life experiences from your professional life as rich learning material. Our Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice allows you to identify a challenge or goal in your work environment over a one-year programme. You can then research and define this issue, develop an approach for resolving it, and implement processes to achieve your desired outcomes.
Or you may have identified a practice challenge. This might involve developing new training or a workplace tool, developing curriculum, producing guidelines for change processes or fostering innovation in some way.
This qualification is perfect for advancing your professional career, while also addressing a significant work challenge. What’s more, you can apply a Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice to virtually any discipline or sector.
During this learning experience, you will explore cross-disciplinary boundaries and enjoy greater scope, flexibility and application than traditional prescribed programmes. Learning is self-paced and occurs within the workplace, or your field of practice. Facilitators and academic/professional mentors will support you throughout the whole process.
This qualification can be gained alongside full-time employment due to the flexible work-based learning (WBL) focus of the programme. Because the programme may be closely aligned with your organisation’s goals, it is often strongly supported by employers as a professional development opportunity.
Is this for me?
A Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice requires approximately one year to complete, and is ideal for employees, volunteers, or the self-employed who have an undergraduate qualification and/or relevant professional experience.
Our Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice supports you to become an efficient self-directed learner. You’ll be capable of managing and critically evaluating your learning, and undertaking work-based projects that meet your needs and those of others. Upon successful completion, you will be able to:
1. Design and conduct an inquiry significant to the learner and their workplace, by:
identifying sources of knowledge and evidence and using them appropriately
identifying and applying information and ideas which result in the creation of knowledge relevant to self and workplace.
2. Engage in reflection on practice which leads to insights likely to make a lasting impact upon personal and professional understanding.
3. Undertake exploration proposing or leading to effective and appropriate action likely to impact upon the practice of self and/or others.
4. Consider information and ideas independently and evaluate and articulate a position that can justify a basis for improvements in practice.
5. Communicate effectively and persuasively in writing and orally in an appropriate format to appeal to a particular target audience.
6. Work and learn autonomously and with others in a range of contexts, with a developing awareness in how this may develop the practices and /or beliefs of other.
Learning and teaching activities within each course may include:
facilitation and mentoring through distance processes
one-to-one meetings and review-of-progress workshops (depending on location)
online support and course resources through the Polytechnic’s Learning Management System platform (Moodle) and other learning technologies
online and video link assessment methodologies.
You must hold a bachelor's degree OR degree equivalent AND/OR relevant practical, professional or educational experience.
If English is not your first language, you must also demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no less than 5.5 in any other band.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =