Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice (Occupational Health and Safety)
- 学费：$19,190 NZD Per Year
- 开学时间：To suit the client/individual
- 授课校区：Otago Polytechnic
- acknowledge your professional practice
- integrate and formalise your experience
- develop higher-level academic learning skills at a graduate level.
- clarification and transparency of your status as a Generalist Health and Safety Practitioner
- achieving NZISM accreditation membership status of 'Graduate'
- qualifying for the option to list on the Health and Safety Association of New Zealand (HASANZ) register.
- new learning in your professional field
- new skills of professional self-reflection
- increased confidence in your professional practice.
- mentoring and facilitation via distance processes
- on-campus workshops and seminars depending on locations
- online support and course resources through the Polytechnic’s Learning Management System platform (Moodle) and other learning technologies
- online and video link assessment methodologies.
Are you an experienced Health and Safety practitioner who wants an academic qualification to validate your knowledge?
This Graduate Diploma is a qualification provided for Health and Safety practitioners with many years of experience.
If you have sound experience but no academic qualification to back your knowledge, this programme is the means with which to achieve 'Graduate' status within the NZISM accreditation programme.
This programme is a project-based qualification carried out in an organization you work for, play a leadership role within or have a key functional relationship with. Alternatively, you may be self-employed and want to use this programme to extend your practice in your field. In some cases, learners may use multiple work and community contexts to complete their learning.
To achieve the Graduate Diploma, you will complete a self-assessment tool prior to enrolment (or early in your enrolment in Course One). This will identify gaps in your learning and practice. During Course One, you will then be able to summaries the new learning needed to address these gaps.
Is this for me?
In the process of achieving the Graduate Diploma in Professional Practice (OHS), you will:
The professional benefits of completing the qualification are:
At the end of the 12 months, you will have achieved:
The work-based learning approach centres round the relationship between you, your employer/sponsor or field of practice and Capable NZ. The programme is divided into three main phases. The first is a review of your professional learning to date reviewed against a core body of knowledge recognised for the generalist occupational health and safety practitioner. The second is an agreement on what new learning you would like to achieve for professional development against the core body of knowledge. The final stage is completing a project designed to capture these new ideas of insights and to enhance your personal and professional development.
How is the programme delivered?
Learning and teaching activities within each course may include:
You must hold a bachelor's degree OR degree equivalent AND/OR relevant practical, professional or educational experience.
If English is not your first language, you must also demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.0, with no less than 5.5 in any other band.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =