Master of Occupational Therapy
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$27,000 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Otago Polytechnic
- What difference does the provision of a multi-function powered wheelchair make to the lives of adults with physical disabilities, for the clients' perspective.
- How do occupational therapists understand and negotiate risk-taking in discharge with the older patient and their family?
- Experiences of occupational decline in people living with HIV: A qualitative study.
- To explore the impact of housing modifications on clients occupations and roles.
- An investigation into the effect of a sensory modulation workshop on the knowledge, skills and attitudes of mental health staff: a pre-post survey design.
- The use of splinting in the non-surgical management of the rheumatoid hand: A systematic review
- The impact of social skills and relationship education on the knowledge and attitudes of people with intellectual disability.
- Vision of the future: Occupational therapy and neurological vision impairment.
Are you keen to develop your professional practice and research skills to a very high level? Do you want to gain an in-depth understanding of a specific aspect of occupational therapy knowledge?
The Master of Occupational Therapy is a qualification of excellence which will provide you with the knowledge and skills that are relevant for international practice. With appropriate experience, you may enter higher positions of responsibility in occupational therapy or become involved in areas of policy or research. Alternatively, you could pursue an academic career in occupational therapy education or apply for enrolment into PhD programmes to take you to the top of your field.
With a strong practice and research focus, this programme will enable you to build a broad range of knowledge to justify your practice. Gain the confidence to not only share current research in your practice area with other members of health teams, but to systematically plan and carry out detailed research to internationally-recognised standards. Choose to complete your qualification through coursework and a smaller project or by the research thesis option.
Domestic and international students will study online and have the opportunity to interact regularly through an online group forum. This gives everyone the chance to fit their study around other commitments. Domestic and international students will enjoy the chance to interact with each other at the compulsory Master's school held in Dunedin.
If you already hold a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma, then your costs are only for the Level 9 project or thesis.
Examples of thesis titles
Examples of Masters' projects
To enter the first year of the Masters:
You must hold a Diploma OR Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from a World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) approved programme (OR equivalent), OR a Certificate of Registration (New Zealand).
If you hold a Diploma or Certificate of Registration, you must also provide evidence of commitment to further education and two confidential referees attesting to your ability to manage postgraduate study.
You must provide evidence of registration as an occupational therapist (Annual Practicing Certificate), although this can be waived in certain circumstances.
To enter the second year of the Masters of Occupational Therapy:
You must hold a Postgraduate Certificate in Occupational Therapy or Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Therapy Practice OR equivalent, with a B grade average across a total of 60 credits
You must have successfully completed a Research course
OR you must have successfully completed a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy with Honours endorsed second class, OR equivalent.
To enter both the first or second year:
International students will be individually assessed to ensure they meet entry requirements.
If English is not your first language, you must also demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 6.5, with no band score less than 6.5.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =