New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
- 学费：$21,530 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Otago Polytechnic
- The ability to work well under pressure
- To be motivated and have a good work ethic
- A willingness to constantly update your skills.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure your own safety and minimise potential hazards for customers.
- Monitor and maintain interactions between colleagues, managers and customers.
- Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cold larder dishes employing complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of hot kitchen dishes employing complex preparation and presentation techniques.
- Apply cookery skills to prepare, cook and present a range of patisserie and desserts employing complex preparation and presentation techniques.
Begin your journey from cook to chef.
Available at both our Dunedin and Central Otago campuses, this programme involves lots of hands-on, practical cooking in our training kitchens, and a work placement in a local business. It will expand the skills you have developed in a Level 3 cookery programme.
As well as developing a range of cookery skills enabling you to prepare, cook and present a variety of dishes, you will gain hospitality management skills and techniques which will allow you to create and maintain successful food operations. In turn, this will enable you to learn the important steps necessary to operate and evaluate the performance of a food operation. You will also learn how to develop communication, leadership and critical thinking skills and how to create a safe workplace.
The work experience opportunity will allow you to apply your hands-on learning outside of the classroom and is great chance for you to increase your knowledge and develop real-world skills.
By studying this programme in Central Otago, you will benefit from the unique "paddock to plate" approach and have the unrivalled opportunity to source your ingredients straight from the campus nursery, modern glasshouses and our vineyard.
Further study options
After successfully completing this Certificate, you will be in a great position to apply for the New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) (Level 5) (Cookery) offered in Central Otago, the New Zealand Diploma in Hospitality Management (Level 5) offered in Dunedin or the Bachelor of Culinary Arts offered in Dunedin.
Upon successful completion of this qualification, you will be able to:
You will spend the majority of your time in the training and production kitchens. You will be required to participate in classroom and online learning. You will undertake work placement which is a vital component of this programme as you will be expected to compare Otago Polytechnic procedures and standards with what occurs in your placement.
You need one of the following:
Successful completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 3) or equivalent, OR
Evidence of at least one year of relevant industry experience.
International students will be individually assessed to ensure you are ready for this study.
If English is not your first language, you must also demonstrate English language skills equivalent to an IELTS overall band score (academic) of 5.5, with no band score less than 5.0.