New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4)
- 学费：NZ $6,680 per semester
- 授课校区：Auckland International Campus
- understand the main ideas and key supporting details of complex oral texts on familiar and sometimes unfamiliar topics
- read and understand complex texts with a large degree of independence on familiar and sometimes unfamiliar topics
- locate, organise and summaries important information in texts
- speak with fluency and spontaneity to communicate with some degree of elaboration in a range of familiar and unfamiliar contexts
- write coherent texts appropriate to audience and purpose, with few linguistic errors in a range of text types, synthesising and evaluating information and arguments from a number of sources.
Want to improve your English language skills? Learning English at Otago Polytechnic means that you can prepare for further study, make new friends and experience New Zealand culture.
You will learn English from experienced teachers who are very patient and understanding. Class sizes are small and you will be able to take part in small groups to practice your speaking. You will also meet native speakers and listen to guest speakers.
The New Zealand Certificate in English Language is a nationally-recognized qualification. This means that you can use it to transfer to other institutes in New Zealand. It also provides a good pathway into academic study at Otago Polytechnic.
Successful completion of Level 4 will allow you to apply for most of our diploma or degree qualifications.
Within the Level 4 programme, there are strands in General English, English for the Workplace and English for Academic Purposes. Academic writing and study skills are also included.
Please note: Depending on your situation, you may not be enrolled into the Certificate level that you apply for. When you arrive at Otago Polytechnic, you will be tested and we will then place you at the right level.
You will study
This level is suitable for those speakers who can use English with accuracy and want to prepare for higher-level academic study. When you have completed this level, you can apply for most academic programmes at certificate, diploma, degree or graduate diploma levels.
When you graduate, you will have the English language skills to:
You will learn for 23 hours a week with your teacher. You will also learn for 10 hours a week by yourself, guided by your teacher.
You will be tested and placed at the right level when you arrive.
If you plan to study with us for more than three months, international students will need a visa.
For those studying this programme at the Auckland International Campus only
The New Zealand Certificate in English Language (Level 4) is only offered to students who intend to study a Level 7 programme at the Auckland International Campus.
Students are expected to have an IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent) with no band score lower than 5.0.
Students will be tested upon arrival to ensure that the correct level of English tuition is offered.