尼尔森理工学院/Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
NE4863 - Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Aquaculture (Level 8)
- 学费：$18,000 NZD Per Year
- Aquaculture is the fastest growing food production industry in the world
- You will work in a highly sustainable industry
- Through the programme you will make contacts in industry and research that can lead to employment
- You will learn to put marine biology theory into practise.
- Aquaculture production management
- Research technician
- Specialist roles such as health management or feed management
- Voluntary sector for marine conservation
- Department of Conservation marine reserve ranger
- Ministry of Primary Industries fisheries inspector or observer
- Public aquarium curatorial staff
- Business management in aquaculture aquatic environmental field such as environmental officer for local government.
- Graduated with a degree or honours degree in any science discipline from a New Zealand tertiary institution accredited to offer qualifications at this level; OR
- Graduated with a degree from an overseas tertiary institution, deemed by the Academic Committee to be of equivalent standing.
- 授课校区：Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
This one year programme is designed to build on scientific knowledge gained from your previous degree level study and give you practical experience to work daily in a marine environment.
If you have a science degree and want to work in the field of marine biology. This qualification is for you.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Sustainable Aquaculture will give you an advanced theoretical understanding and the technical and practical skills related to sustainable aquaculture practices. It will provide you with the skills to critically assess aquaculture systems. As part of an internship or in your existing employment, you will also complete an industry research project. This will encourage you to support the development of sustainable growth in the aquaculture sector through innovation. The programme has been developed in consultation with the aquaculture and scientific community as well as industry representatives. It is designed to be flexible enough to meet today's needs and those of the future, locally, nationally and internationally.
Structure and timetable
This one year programme will provide you with integrated study and research opportunities in the areas of sustainable aquaculture practice (30 credits at Level 8) and management (30 credits at Level 8).
These core studies are supported by a course in research methodology (15 credits at Level 7) leading to a full year research dissertation (45 credits at Level 8).
The aim of the research project is for you to initiate original research while working alongside existing aquaculture businesses and/or research organizations.
Career opportunities and pathways
Upon graduation you will have the skills and knowledge to progress to higher level Postgraduate study such as a Master's Degree.
You may follow a career path in New Zealand or overseas such as:
Applicants must have:
Applicants are required to provide two confidential references from people who are able to affirm the applicant is of good character and reputation.
English language requirements:
All applicants must have a level of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those students whose first language is not English should have:
An international English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 6.5 (with at least 6.0 in each band) issued within the last two years or equivalent.
TOEFL Paper based test (pBT) - Score of 590 (with an essay score 5.5 TWE)
TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) - Score of 79 (with a writing score of 21)
University of Cambridge English Examinations - CAE or CPE with a score of 176. No less than 169 in each skill
NZCEL - Level 5 with the Academic endorsement
Pearson Test PG&OHMJTI (Academic) - PToE (Academic) score of 58
City & Guilds IESOL - C1 Expert with a score of 42
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =