尼尔森理工学院/Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
NZ2101 - New Zealand Certificate in Cookery (Level 4)
- 学费：$19,500 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology
Take your first steps towards becoming a professional chef.
Guided by our highly experienced tutors you will develop the skills and techniques to be able to produce exciting cuisine. You will learn all aspects of preparation and production using a range of ingredients such as grains and rice, meat and poultry, seafood, bakery and desserts.
Then apply this learning to develop a greater understanding of healthy eating and kitchen operations.
This certificate is the perfect stepping stone to a career in cookery and a pathway for Culinary Arts (Level 5).
Career Opportunities and Pathways:
When you have completed the Culinary Arts (Level 4) qualification you will be able to pursue intermediate-level employment and career opportunities as chefs in food production operations within the hospitality industry.
Or you can directly move onto the Culinary Arts (Level 5) programme and specialise in either Cookery or Patisserie. Or you can pursue other study options in culinary arts, patisserie, bakery or hospitality at diploma and degree level.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
• Monitor and maintain health and safety, food safety and security practices to ensure own safety, and minimise potential hazards for colleagues and customers
• Communicate, interpret, respond and interact effectively with colleagues, managers and customers in a commercial food production and hospitality service environment
• Monitor and maintain the application of standard operating policies and procedures to work roles in a commercial kitchen including applying knowledge of costs and food costing calculations associated with food production operations
• Apply knowledge of culinary terminology and commodities
• Interpret and adjust recipes using measurements and calculations
• Apply culinary skills to prepare, cook and present a range of cuisine employing complex preparation and presentation techniques, including cold larder and hot kitchen dishes, patisserie and desserts
• Apply knowledge of food-related health issues, special dietary requirements and healthy food options and
• Design, plan, cost, prepare and produce basic menus.
Students must be able to demonstrate adequate literacy and numeracy skills to enable them to meet all academic and health and safety requirements of the programme/course on which they enrol.
Students may be required to complete a diagnostic assessment in the first 2 weeks of commencing their study to enable appropriate support to be provided.
English language requirements:
All applicants must have a standard of English sufficient to be able to study at this level. Those students whose first language is not English must have:
An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall academic score of at least 5.5 (with at least 5.0 in each band), issued within the last two years
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =