新西兰东方理工学院/Eastern Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Social Work
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$22,100 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Hawke’s Bay Campus
- Are empathic, non-judgmental, respectful, resilient and self-aware; and demonstrate integrity, authenticity and professionalism,
- Take a critical, reflective approach to social work practice that includes the use of supervision, continuing professional development, on-going learning and personal wellbeing,
- Are able to promote social justice and social change, and to uphold the principles of human rights in both the Aotearoa New Zealand and global contexts,
- Are able to work collaboratively and in partnership with individuals and groups from diverse backgrounds,
- Understand the significance and implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and integrate this understanding into social work practice,
- Work in accordance with the Aotearoa New Zealand Association of Social Workers (ANZASW) Code of Ethics and the SWRB Code of Conduct,
- Have an extensive knowledge base, skills and professional attributes to work across a range of diverse social work contexts and communities,
- Are proficient in professional literacy’s, including academic and research literacy, information literacy, numeracy, and digital literacy.
- Ministry for Vulnerable Children
- Oranga Tamariki
- Presbyterian Support Services – Family Works
- Community Mental Health Services
- Disability Resource Centers
- Age Concern
- Iwi social Services
- Prisons and
- a range of other social service agencies.
- IELTS Academic score of 6.5 with no band score lower than 6.0
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 590 (with an essay score of 5.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of 79 (with a writing score of 21)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: CAE or CPE with a score of 176. No less than 169 in each skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) score of 58
- City & Guilds IESOL: C1 Expert with a score of 42
- NZCEL Level 5 Academic
With a degree in social work you will be equipped to provide advocacy and support to empower individuals, families and communities who want or need to change. You will be there to encourage and assist them to get ahead and forge new futures for themselves and their families.
You will also acquire the skills to reflect on your own perceptions, actions, and processes, as well as the knowledge and skills to work professionally as a social worker.
The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) supports people from the Tairawhiti and Hawke’s Bay communities in becoming competent social work practitioners within their communities, Aotearoa/New Zealand, and beyond. It enables registration as a social work practitioner in Aotearoa/New Zealand.
The objective of this programme is to produce graduates that:
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Social workers are an integral part of today’s society and you could find yourself assisting in a range of areas from setting up programmes and giving guidance to people and communities, to working with government agencies at a policy level.
This programme will provide you with the knowledge, skills, and attributes required for social work practice in a variety of settings such as schools, hospitals, community groups or government agencies. Possible agencies where you could find employment as a social worker include:
Applicants must have attained a University Entrance qualification. ALL applicants are required to provide a Police Clearance Certificate and a Personal Declaration Form.
English Language Requirements
You can also enter via Cross Credit or Recognition of Prior Learning.