新西兰东方理工学院/Eastern Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Teaching (Primary)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$22,100 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Hawke’s Bay Campus
- Professional knowledge
- Curriculum theory
- Subject content
- Has attained a University Entrance (UE) qualification
- In support of their application, applicants must supply in a CV a detailed account of their educational background, evidence of experience with primary school aged children, and an openness to learning; this must be supported by references or attestations from persons who have observed the applicant working with primary aged children and can comment on their potential for tertiary study, and suitability for teaching.
- Be free from criminal convictions which would preclude them from working with children.
- Provide evidence of the personal and professional qualities appropriate for undertaking a Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) by furnishing two references from persons who are not related to the applicant, using prescribed Referee Forms
- Submit a Police Clearance Certificate
With this degree you’ll gain comprehensive knowledge of New Zealand’s school curriculum and the skills required to manage students in a range of socially diverse settings, while adhering to the policies and procedures of the education system. This degree is practice-based – you’ll find yourself working alongside experienced teachers in local primary and intermediate schools for two days a week as part of the programme. For the other two days you’ll be on campus learning the theory associated with subjects such as language and literacy, mathematics, science, social studies, art, technology, health and physical education.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
Graduating with a degree in primary school teaching paves the way to a challenging and rewarding future educating young minds. You’ll lead, facilitate and support children in their first eight years of formal learning, in preparation for secondary school and a lifetime of learning.
The Bachelor of Teaching (Primary) provides a professional qualification as a primary school teacher leading directly to employment opportunities. This degree is a practice-based teacher education programme providing a balance between theory, research and practice. Practice-based education enables Candidate Teachers to regularly apply their learning to practice. Subjects include:
English Language Requirements
Students are required to have attained an acceptable level of English language fluency. This must be demonstrated by an IELTS score of 7.0 (academic) in all bands. A skype interview and references will also be required.