新西兰东方理工学院/Eastern Institute of Technology
NZ Certificate in Cookery (Level 3)
- 学费：NZ $12,200 for the entire...
- Large modern training and production kitchens are complemented by the fully licensed training restaurants.
- Open to the public on selected days for lunch and dinner from February to December.
- It is run by students from all the hospitality programmes, and as such forms an integral part of these programmes.
- Level 3 (one semester) - resulting in the following qualification: New Zealand Certificate in Cookery Level 3
- First Year: Level 4 leading to the following qualification: New Zealand Certificate in Cookery Level 4.
- Second Year: Level 5. EIT Professional Chef Practice programme Level 5, leading to the following qualification: New Zealand Diploma in Cookery (Advanced) Level 5.You will also attain the International City and Guilds Certificate and Diploma in Food Preparation & Cooking upon successful completion of the pathway.
- Meet the NCEA Level 1 Literacy and Numeracy Requirement, or provide evidence of achievement at a higher level. OR
- If not able to satisfy the academic requirement above, be able to demonstrate interest in the industry and the potential to succeed
- IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 530 (with an essay score of 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of 46 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: FCE, or FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) score of 42
- City & Guilds IESOL: B2 Communicator with a score of 42
- NZCEL Level 3 Applied
- 授课校区：Hawke’s Bay Campus
With New Zealand’s tourism sector booming, cafés and restaurants are demanding qualified staff. So, if you’re a foodie and enjoy cooking for others, why not make a career of it? This programme will teach you all the skills you need to do just that.
You will learn real world catering and cookery skills in modern training kitchens. Our qualified chefs, with decades of kitchen experience, will teach you the wide range of food preparation and cookery skills needed to succeed in the exciting and dynamic hospitality industry.
The pathway for cookery and professional chef training at EIT starts with one semester full-time and can continue into a two year journey which offers you stimulating studies and provides the opportunity to begin a career in the hospitality industry.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
The pathway consists of three programmes at three different levels that build upon one another:
English Language Requirements