新西兰东方理工学院/Eastern Institute of Technology
NZ Certificate in Horticulture (General) (Level 3)
- 学费：NZ $9,000 for the entire...
- Plant science
- Growing environments
- Plant health
- Propagation and cultivation
- Growing systems
- NZ Certificate in Land Based Sustainable Practices
- NZ Certificate in Sustainable Primary Production
- NZ Certificate in Primary Industries (Level 2)
- Garden centre employee
- Horticultural contractor
- Horticultural merchandiser
- Nursery assistant
- Parks and reserves gardener
- IELTS Academic score of 5.5 with no band score lower than 5.0
- TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 530 (with an essay score of 4.5 TWE)
- TOEFL Internet-based test (iBT) score of 46 (with a writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations: FCE, or FCE for schools with a score of 162. No less than 154 in each skill.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) score of 42
- City & Guilds IESOL: B2 Communicator with a score of 42
- NZCEL Level 3 Applied
- 授课校区：Hawke’s Bay Campus
Advance your career with a qualification that provides core skills and knowledge to a specific horticulture production sector, whether you are already employed or have a desire to start a career in the industry. You will be able to carry out specific tasks in a safe, appropriate and effective manner. Move flexibly between a range of horticulture activities and develop skills to reflect regional and sector variations.
With this programme you’ll get the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and really get stuck in. You’ll find yourself skilling up in botany and soil classes or getting your hands dirty in the shade house, greenhouses or garden plots. There is also extensive plantings on-campus providing you with additional learning opportunities.
The subjects you’ll study are:
Also offered in conjunction with:
For student visa requirements, this qualification will need to be studied in conjunction with another programme.
Career Opportunities & Outcomes
This programme aims to provide you with the broad knowledge and skills necessary for entry level employment or further study in the horticulture field. Upon graduation possible employment includes:
When you have successfully completed this programme you can continue your studies in to the second year and study towards the Diploma in Horticulture, NZ Certificate in Land Based Sustainability Practices, NZ Certificate in Sustainability Primary Production.
The Certificate in Horticulture is an open entry Programme which means no formal academic qualifications are required.
English Language Requirements
Applicants can also enter via Cross Credit or Recognition of Prior Learning.