Ara坎特伯雷理工学院/Ara Institute of Canterbury
科学Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Nutrition)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$21,700 NZD Per Year
- Metabolic processes and how nutrients in food affect the human body
- Application of nutrition science to enhance the health of community groups
- Effects of major nutrition-related factors on non-communicable diseases that impact on the health of developed nations
- Identification of reliable sources of up-to-date nutritional information
- Communication of nutrition principles in a range of contexts using awareness of psychological, cultural and environmental influences on eating behaviour
- The use of genetics, physiology, culture, environment and social issues to assist in the management of body composition and nutrition choices
- Work placements with nutrition education programmes, health promotion organisations (governmental and non-governmental), nutrition consultancies, community initiatives, workplace wellbeing programmes and school holiday programmes.
- Public health and private nutrition consultancies
- Health science research
- Health promotion
- Product development
- biology or human biology or physical education
- another subject, preferably core health/health education, physics, statistics, mathematics, chemistry, geography, home economics and psychology. (Human Nutrition specialisation applicants must have a minimum of 14 credits in Chemistry at Level 2)
- one other subject from the list of approved subjects
- Literacy - 10 credits at Level 2 or above, made up of 5 credits in reading, 5 credits in writing and
- Numeracy - 10 credits at Level 1 or above (specified achievement standards, or unit standards 26623, 26626, 26627)
- 授课校区：Ara Institute of Canterbury
In our full time three year programme you will study theory and develop the practical skills needed for working in sports, health and wellness sectors.
Nutrition is a science with real-life applications, providing a range of transferable skills and leading to a variety of careers. Nutrition involves the study of nutrients in food, how the body absorbs and uses these nutrients for growth and maintenance, and the relationship between diet, health and disease.
Nutrition is increasingly relevant in today's society due to its impact on the health of individuals, communities and populations. This specialisation will provide you with expertise in nutrition, and an awareness of what influences the nutrition of individuals and groups in New Zealand and globally.
As people are starting to take more responsibility for their own health to prevent illness, they are faced with a confusing range of often conflicting nutrition information. This programme will equip you with the ability to identify good sources of nutrition information in an ever-changing environment to empower people to make healthier food choices and make a difference in the lives of individuals and communities.
A sample of areas covered within the degree includes:
To complete this Degree you are required to complete a minimum total of 360 credits. To be a full time student you need to maintain a workload of 120 credits per year. We recommend you talk with us to ensure you choose electives to benefit your future career.
On completion of this programme you will have a qualification that enables you to work with people to set goals, improve their diet and exercise regimes.
Add to this qualification with our Graduate Diploma in Sustainability and Outdoor Education.
NCEA Level 3 (60 credits at Level 3 and 20 credits at Level 2 or higher) which must include 14 credits at Level 3 in each of:
Evidence of literacy, and an ability to study at the appropriate level. This can be through study, work and/or life experience. Literacy and numeracy assessments are available.
Successful completion of the New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation Level 4 Ara Pre Health Pathway OR Ara Certificate in Fitness AND NCEA Level 2 credits in chemistry or equivalent
English language requirement:
IELTS 6.5 Academic (no lower than 7.0 listening/speaking, 6.5 reading/writing); TOEFL Internet based test (iBT) Score of Score of 60 or higher (with a writing score of 18); TOEFL Paper-based test (pBT) score of 550 (with an essay score of 5 TWE); University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations - FCE or FCE for schools or CAE or CPE with a score of 169. No less than 162 in each skill; NZ Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) - Level 4 with the Academic endorsement; Pearson Test of English (Academic) - PToE (Academic) score of 50; City and Guilds IESOL: B2 Communicator with a score of 66.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =