奥克兰理工大学/Auckland University of Technology
教育Doctor of Education (EdD)
- 课程级别：博士学位/Doctoral Degree（10级）
- 学费：$35,880 NZD Per Year
- Part I: The EdD Portfolios — a cohort-based, part-time programme of advanced postgraduate study over four semesters, which scaffolds you towards becoming a confirmed doctoral thesis candidate.
- Part II: The EdD Thesis — in which you undertake an individual research project with supervision. This part of the programme works the same as a PhD in Education, with the portfolio essays from Part 1 providing a head start on your draft thesis chapters.
- EDUCX01 EdD Research Portfolio Part I
- EDUCX02 EdD Research Portfolio Part II
- EDUCX03 EdD Research Portfolio Part III
- EDUCX04 EdD Research Portfolio Part IV
- Educational leadership
- Teacher effectiveness
- Curriculum development
- Lifelong learning
- Early years education
- Special character education (e.g. Montessori)
- Research and professional expertise.
- It is expected that a candidate will meet with professorial staff at least once to discuss their application and proposed area of research.
- A candidate must first provide a current CV and transcripts showing evidence of postgraduate qualifications and research capability (eg. publications). This will be assessed to ascertain eligibility for entry to this doctoral programme.
- Following this, a candidate must complete a research proposal (PGR2) to submit to the Doctoral Board for approval, along with an application for enrolment to the EdD.
- A candidate only be offered a place on the programme and enrol in the first Research Portfolio paper once Board approval has been received.
- 授课校区：AUT North Campus
The Doctor of Education (EdD) programme provides the opportunity to extend your professional and academic knowledge of educational research, issues, and practice. The programme suits teachers in early childhood, primary or secondary, and tertiary sectors, who are committed to enhancing their contribution to their educational communities.
There are two parts to the EdD degree programme:
Structure and content
Students undertake advanced study based on independent research of an educational phenomenon, issue or topic of relevance to professional practice. Students are guided through the EdD programme, which consists of two parts: Research Portfolio and Thesis.
The Research Portfolio is designed to support the attainment of 4 specific domains of research competency. The 4 papers are taken sequentially, one per semester, with your cohort:
The completion of the Research Portfolio is integral to thesis preparation, and must be completed prior to the entry into the thesis.
As part of the requirements of each part of the Research Portfolio, all students are expected to attend Portfolio Blocs throughout the year (see the summary and timetable attachment for the dates). These Blocs provide the support of your cohort, as well as that of a wider education-based research community with fellow students at varying stages of their research journeys.
The thesis requires candidates to undertake advanced study based on independent research of an educational issue or topic of relevance to professional practice.
The candidate will usually have two supervisors (just as for the PhD) while they are engaged in the thesis. However, they will still have the support of their cohort and the Ed D team.
The research and learning methods are predominantly student-centred and designed to heighten awareness of the broader context of education and to develop critical academic and research capacities.
Participation in the programme requires a high level of both individual student and group responsibility. This interactive approach is consistent with effective learning strategies for adults.
Successful completion of the programme will enable graduates to enhance their professional and research capabilities in educational settings.
Graduates will be well placed to construct and apply advanced theoretical concepts and knowledge to investigate professional practice in a wide range of domains, including but not limited to:
Graduates will also be favorably placed for promotion and leadership responsibilities.
Applicants must have completed one of the following in a discipline appropriate to their proposed research: a Master's degree with honours; or a Bachelor's degree with honours (equivalent to four years of study).
English Language requirements:
Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; TOEFL iBT score of 90; Certificate in English for Academic Study (CertEAS) with A grade; GIE with B+ grade; CAE minimum overall score of 176; PTE minimum overall score of 58.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =