奥克兰理工大学/Auckland University of Technology
Master of Arts in Applied Language Studies
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$31,160 NZD Per Year
- Graduates with a background in language, education, translation and interpreting
- Graduates and professionals in the above areas who are interested in a research masters
- First and second language education
- Literacy development (school to workplace settings)
- Translation and/or interpreting.
- Aspects of discourse in advertisements
- Politeness strategies in film subtitles
- The effectiveness of increasing awareness of learning strategies
- First and second language development from birth
- Task-based instruction in second language classrooms
- Ethnographic investigations of literacy in the workplace
- The academic writing challenges faced by Saudi students
- Perceptions of supervisory relationships between Chinese-speaking students and English-speaking supervisors
- Challenges of court interpreters in New Zealand courtroom settings.
- Advanced education and professional study in the areas of second language teaching and learning, general and social linguistics, discourse analysis, intercultural communication and research methodology
- Specialisation in one of the following areas:
- Second language teaching and learning (including ESL)
- Literacy development and language awareness studies (for the secondary school English curriculum)
- Discourse studies
- New Zealand English
- Academic literacy's
- Digital literacy's
- Chinese culture and language.
- 授课校区：Auckland University of Technology
The Master of Arts in Applied Language Studies is suitable if you want to take your language study to a higher level. This programme is a specialisation within the Master of Arts - programme code AK3689.
Who is this programme for?
Recent graduates of the programme completed theses in the following topics:
How is the programme taught?
Students can do the 240 point programme full time over two years (120 points of taught papers, and 120 points of a thesis), or part-time over five years. Classes are in the late afternoon/early evening to suit students who are also working.
All papers include some blended learning - this can range from readings and the handbook posted online, to online wikis and discussions.
What this programme offers
The Applied Language Studies major in the MA offers graduates in English and other languages the following features:
Applicants need to have a relevant undergraduate degree with B pass average or better.
English Language requirements:
Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; TOEFL iBT score of 90; Certificate in English for Academic Study (CertEAS) with A grade; GIE with B+ grade; CAE minimum overall score of 176; PTE minimum overall score of 58.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =