奥克兰理工大学/Auckland University of Technology
科学Master of Geographic Information Science (MGIS)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$34,780 NZD Per Year
- Postgraduate Diploma in Geographic Information Sciences (120 points)
- GISC401: Foundations of Geographic Information Science (15 points)
- GISC402: Geographic Information Science Research (15 points)
- GISC403: Cartography and Geovisualisation (15 points)
- GISC404: Geospatial Analysis (15 points)
- GISC405: GIS Programming and Databases (15 points) (Prerequisite: P COMP 102 or equivalent)
- GISC406: Remote Sensing for Earth Observation (15 points)
- GISC410: Special Topic (15 points)
- GISC411: Geographic Information Science in Health (15 points)
- GISC412: Spatial Algorithms and Programming for GIS (15 points) (Prerequisite: P COMP 102 or equivalent)
- GISC413: Special Topic - Geomatic Data Acquisition Techniques (15 points)
- GISC415: GIS Internship Semester One (15 points) or GISC425: GIS Internship Semester Two (15 points)
- GISC416: Special Topic - Conservation GIS (15 points)
- GISC591: Master in Geographic Information Science Thesis (120 points)
- Have an undergraduate degree (or approved equivalent - such as via relevant professional experience - ad eundum status), normally with a B average or higher
- Show the ability for postgraduate study
- Have completed at least two undergraduate courses in GIS, at least one of which should be at 300-level or above.
- 开学时间：Expected February-2019
- 授课校区：Auckland University of Technology
This master's degree provides an interdisciplinary approach to geographic information science (GIS), including taught papers and supervised research. Master of Geographic Information Science (MGIS) graduates will have advanced knowledge in geographic information science, with the ability to study independently, carry out original research; and plan, execute and present the finding of applied GIS projects. Graduates from this programme should be qualified to work as GIS professionals in research, government and industry.
What this qualification covers
The Master of Geographic Information Science is a two-year (full-time) research master's programme, which is comprised of coursework and a research thesis. Students need to complete the coursework as per the Postgraduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science, as well as an additional master's thesis (GISC591) in the second half of their study.
You must complete 120 points from Pathway 1 or Pathway 2, research papers and thesis.
You complete 120 points from the following papers :
Teaching for the MGIS will be by a combination of residential block papers, face-to-face online lectures, seminars, tutorials and computer practical sessions. This programme is designed to develop world-class qualifications drawing on the significant skills and knowledge of expert staff from AUT, University of Canterbury, Victoria University of Wellington, as well as professionals from the industry.
There is currently a shortage of qualified GIS specialists in New Zealand and more widely. Organisations in many areas need GIS professionals who can integrate GIS with their core business. As a result, there are many exciting opportunities for graduates.
In exceptional circumstances, students may be approved by the MGIS Director for entry to the programme without two undergraduate courses in GIS, if they have significant relevant work experience which serves as adequate preparation for the programme
English Language requirements:
Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; TOEFL iBT score of 90; Certificate in English for Academic Study (CertEAS) with A grade; GIE with B+ grade; CAE minimum overall score of 176; PTE minimum overall score of 58.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =