奥克兰理工大学/Auckland University of Technology
Master of Professional Language Studies - Language Teaching
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$29,830 NZD Per Year
- 开学时间：Expected February-2019
- 授课校区：Auckland University of Technology
- This programme combines practical classroom teaching with a sound knowledge of theory.
- Focus is on professional practice.
- Students on the programme are often experienced teachers of ESOL or EFL, Maori, Sign Language or additional languages.
- Study includes teaching practice and reflection.
- Teachers can do the programme full-time in 1 year
- Teachers complete taught papers and an applied practice project.
- Classes are in the late afternoon/early evening to fit around work hours.
- All papers include some blended learning; this can range from readings and the handbook posted online, to online tutorials and discussions.
- Community schools
- High schools (for teachers who already have high school teaching qualifications)
- Private language schools
- Tertiary educational institutions
- Master of Philosophy
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Critical thinking, reading and discussing
- Evaluating strategies for effective language teaching and learning
- Developing a personal theory of teaching
- Critical reflection on own classroom practice
- Devising a plan for own development as a teacher arising out of critical reflection.
The Master of Professional Language Studies offers graduates the opportunity to develop advanced professional skills in teaching English or another language. The degree is for teachers who have a preliminary qualification and experience in language teaching.
Enhanced prospects for employment and promotion in language teaching positions nationally and internationally in:
Students may undertake further study on completion of their course, as long as sufficient papers in research methodology have been taken during the course of their MPLS programme and they meet other relevant entry criteria:
Structure and content
This professional master's qualification combines the development of advanced academic knowledge with practical language teaching skills.
You study a range of core and elective topics and then complete a reflective practice project where you identify an area of teaching that you would like to investigate in more depth.
You critically review the literature and develop a theory of teaching in this area of focus. In the classroom you apply the theory through a number of teaching events, and reflection on your teaching.
Key skills practiced in this programme include:
The development of these skills is relevant to your future careers as they equip you to continue your own professional development once the course of study is finished.
Graduates of the programme have explored areas such as teaching vocabulary through reading, teaching spoken language through using authentic texts and intercultural language teaching.
Applicants must have completed one of the following: a relevant 4 year bachelor's degree or a relevant bachelor's degree with honours or a relevant postgraduate diploma or a bachelor's degree or graduate diploma and a relevant professional qualification approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to one year of advanced study.
An applicant must have completed their qualification in a bachelor's degree or graduate diploma and a relevant professional qualification approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to one year of advanced study to a merit standard.
All applicants must have at least one year of relevant professional experience.
An applicant who is admitted under a bachelor's degree or graduate diploma and a relevant professional qualification approved by the dean (or representative) to be equivalent to one year of advanced study will be required to provide evidence of further relevant professional experience.
English Language requirements:
Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; TOEFL iBT score of 90; Certificate in English for Academic Study (CertEAS) with A grade; GIE with B+ grade; CAE minimum overall score of 176; PTE minimum overall score of 58.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =