奥克兰理工大学/Auckland University of Technology
PhD - Doctor of Philosophy in Art and Design
- 课程级别：博士学位/Doctoral Degree（10级）
- 学费：$35,880 NZD Per Year
- Digital Design (animation, moving image, gaming, web, post production and film)
- Fashion and Textiles (knit, print, textile, fashion and costume design)
- Graphics (typography, illustration, animation and short film, photography and graphic novel)
- Product Design (product and furniture)
- Spatial Design (interior, furniture, urbanism, performance, installation, moving image, digital environments, exhibition design and spatial theory)
- Visual Arts (multimedia, painting, printmaking, sculpture, installation and performance)
- A master’s degree with honours; or,
- A bachelor’s degree with honours (equivalent to four years of study)
- 授课校区：Auckland University of Technology
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)is a thesis-based research degree that leads to advanced academic and theoretical knowledge in a specialist area. The programme enables you to make an original contribution to knowledge or understanding in your field of study and meet recognised international standards for such work.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is awarded after the successful completion of concentrated research constituting an original and substantial contribution to knowledge.
You work closely with your supervisor to prepare a thesis, which is examined by independent experts who apply contemporary international standards.
You are admitted provisionally in the first year where you will refine your preliminary proposal into a fully fledged PhD proposal (the PGR9 document). This document critically reviews the significant work done in the area of research. The PGR9 proposal should also contain a suitable research methodology and methods along with a time-frame for completion of the degree that highlights important milestones to be achieved in the next couple of years. Once your PGR9 proposal is completed and approved through the faculty processes, it is submitted to the University Postgraduate Board for full admission approval.
Once you have completed your research proposal, you will typically refine your design, collecting data and conducting your research as appropriate. Results are analysed and may be published through international conferences, journal publications and peer review as this lends further credibility to the research.
The first step in the final stage of the PhD is spent finalizing the data analysis. Thereafter, the PhD thesis should be written and submitted to the supervisors for feedback. It should be noted that the process of finalising the thesis is time consuming as typically two or even three draft versions need to be produced before the thesis is in a form that is ready for submission and examination.
The School of Art and Design offers PhD either as a full written thesis or as a body of creative work accompanied by a written exegesis.
The degree must have a standard equivalent to first class or second class (first division) honours. The degree should include advanced learning in research, execution of a research project and a written report on the research.
English Language requirements:
Minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; TOEFL iBT score of 90; Certificate in English for Academic Study (CertEAS) with A grade; GIE with B+ grade; CAE minimum overall score of 176; PTE minimum overall score of 58.
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =