Bachelor of AgriScience (Horticulture)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$30,910 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- An entrepreneur owning your own business
- Managing one of the diverse range of horticultural enterprises
- Consultancies; providing technical/expert advice and products to the production sector
- global marketing
- Logistics and supply chain management of horticultural crops both nationally and internationally
- Research scientist or technician
- Total of 360 credits completed. That’s 24 courses of 15 credits each
- Up to 150 credits (10 courses) may be completed at 100-level
- At least 210 credits (14 courses) completed above first year. Of these 75 credits or more must be from 300-level courses
- 26 weeks of relevant practical work and two associated reports.
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
Horticulture graduates contribute to the production of vital food and nutrition for humanity - you could make a real difference. There is an increasing demand for horticulture graduates.
What is it Like?
Horticulture combines science, technology and business in the production, marketing, use and improvement of fruits, vegetables, and other plants globally. This vital industry provides food for a growing global population, and is one of the most rapidly expanding primary industries in New Zealand.
As a Massey Bachelor of AgriScience (Horticulture) student you will also learn how a vibrant and resilient horticultural industry can ensure continuing production and supply of high-value food products for maximum return.
Flexibility of focus
The aim of this qualification is to help you become a highly-employable graduate. You are expected to gain a deeper understanding of particular areas you are interested in. Initially you will cover a broad range of areas. This flexibility gives you the opportunity to forge your own future career pathway.
Introductory courses covering horticulture, soils, geography, engineering principles, pests and diseases, economics, business management and plant biology will give you the basis for more advanced study later in the programme. In the final year, you will have the option to further focus in an area you are interested in.
A diverse range of horticultural businesses on a local and international scale are tasked with meeting food production challenges. They are constantly improving product quality for delivery to a demanding world.
Modern-day horticulture is efficient and innovative. Our programme will help you better understand components such as postharvest technology and systems, supply chain and integrated production management. You could work in any of these areas.
Excellent career prospects
Career prospects are excellent for motivated, innovative, and well-educated horticulture graduates. Graduates with the ability to meet horticultural industry targets for sustainable export growth are in high demand.
The horticulture major will enable you to enter a wide range of careers in the diverse horticultural industry including:
After completing a BAgriScience (Horticulture) you are also able to enter honours, postgraduate diploma or masters programmes to further your learning. A postgraduate qualification in horticulture allows you to consider leadership opportunities as a consultant, technician, or scientist within private companies or Crown Research Institutes or universities, both in New Zealand and overseas.
At Massey a credit system is used for our degrees. To complete a Bachelor of AgriScience the following is required.
There are no special requirements beyond those that qualify you to study at University. However, it is preferable that you have credit for NCEA Level 3 Biology or Science, Chemistry, Modelling and Statistics, plus English and Maths. These subjects will help ensure that your transition to University study is as smooth as possible.
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
English Language Requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =