Bachelor of Arts (Classical Studies)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$25,010 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- Foreign affairs
- Public relations
- Trade and industry
- University administration
- 230.110 Tūrangawaewae: Identity and Belonging in Aotearoa New Zealand
- 230.111 Tū Kupu: Writing and Inquiry
- 230.112 Tū Arohae: Critical Thinking
- 201.113 Greek Mythology
- 201.114 Early Rome
- 201.117 Greek and Roman Warfare
- 201.112 Greek History
- 201.115 Introductory Latin
- 134.102 Great Western Philosophy
- 134.105 Philosophy of Religion: God, Freedom and Evil
- 135.103 Magic and Witchcraft
- 139.105 Drama and Performance
- 139.123 Creative Writing
- 139.139 Introduction to English Studies
- 139.171 Introduction to Literary and Cultural Studies
- 148.111 A History of the World
- 148.116 Medieval Europe
- 148.120 Blockbuster and Biopics: History at the Movies
- 200.161 Intro to Politics
- 254.101 An Introduction to Social and Cultural Studies in Education
- 275.102 Human Development
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
Enhance your future by studying the past
With a BA (Classical Studies) at Massey you will study the past, understand the present and help build the world of tomorrow.
Gain a deep understanding of 21st-century culture
Knowledge of ancient Greece and Rome is essential for an understanding of our own modern civilisation. Through their language, philosophy, science, medicine, law, political institutions, art and architecture, the Greeks and Romans had a profound and lasting influence on world culture. They also created and developed nearly every genre of Western literature.
With a Massey BA (Classical Studies), you can trace meaningful connections between classical antiquity and our own 21st-century civilisation.
You choose what you study
Classical studies is interdisciplinary - you can study what you enjoy, and explore subject areas that spark your interest. You can explore the classical world from many angles: literature, history, art, mythology, religion, war, sexuality, and interaction with other civilisations such as Egypt.
Follow your passion and enhance your future
With a Massey BA (Classical Studies) you can take a variety of courses to suit your interests, and acquire and develop a diverse range of skills. Our evidence for the ancient world is challenging; it is sometimes fragmentary, sometimes obscure, often biased or distorted. At Massey you will make sense of it through argument and interpretation.
Why do your BA at Massey?
Massey offers passionate and friendly lecturers, a world-class distance-learning programme and multimedia learning materials.
The study of classics fosters critical thinking, research skills, and organizational techniques, together with the broader understanding of our culture. These skills can lead to careers in any of the fields below, as well as many others.
Bachelor of Arts (Classical Studies) structure
You may know you have an interest in Classical Studies but you are unsure about what courses might complement this interest or lead on to a second major, or minor. The following list provides possible choices for interests in English, Education, History, Philosophy or Politics to help with planning your first year of study. A usual full-time workload for first year is eight courses; four courses in Semester One, and four courses in Semester Two.
You should take:
Choose two electives from:
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
English Language Requirements: