Bachelor of Arts (Sociology)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$25,010 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- How is society structured?
- How is society changing?
- What divides or unites social groups?
- What causes the inequalities we see in society?
- How does power operate?
- Research and policy analysis for central/local government and non-governmental organizations
- Community and social services work
- Political advocacy
- Running a business
- Planning and consultancy
- Advertising and marketing
- TV/film production
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
Use your social knowledge for a meaningful career
With a Massey BA (Sociology), you will get an understanding of some of the biggest issues facing the world today.
What is it Like?
Massey is ranked in the world’s top 250 universities for sociology by the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ranking.
Sociology is about understanding and describing our local society and its global setting. Sociologists are interested in almost all aspects of the social world and on your BA (Sociology) you will consider questions such as:
With a Massey BA (Sociology) you will ask challenging questions about how things really are in the social world. Culture, ethnicity, class, inequality, gender, mass media, politics, environment, social change and individual and group interactions are important areas that you will study. This is a broad subject that will teach to you think critically about the world and investigate social issues.
The understanding of our local society and its global setting that you'll gain from a BA (Sociology) opens up a wide range of career paths:
A major consists of 135 credits (nine courses) in Sociology.
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
English Language Requirements: