Bachelor of Health Science (Environmental Health)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$30,910 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Wellington Campus
If you’re interested in improving people’s health and wellbeing, and want to make real changes in the community, the Bachelor of Health Science (Environmental Health) is a great career choice.
What is it Like?
Massey’s Bachelor of Health Science (Environmental Health) will help you become a multi-skilled professional with a specific focus on protection of human health. You’ll learn to protect people and communities from threats to health from our built and natural environments.
Get a broad education in environmental health
Environmental health is concerned with all aspects of the environment that may affect human health. Threats to human health may be biological, physical or chemical, and may be caused by natural processes, human activity, or a combination of the two. You’ll study important environmental health topics including food safety, infectious disease transmission, drinking water quality, urban air pollution, the hazards of excessive noise, exposure to toxic and other hazardous substances, workplace monitoring, medical geochemistry, contaminated site assessment, waste management and climate change.
The health industry needs you
With a solid grounding in environmental health, you’ll be perfectly placed to contribute to our nation’s health from day one in the workplace. You’ll learn to evaluate scientific knowledge and relevant legislation to act upon threats to human health. These could come from the supply of products and services to consumers, the natural environment, and environmental pollutants. You’ll get a thorough grounding in the relevant sciences and operational practices associated with environmental health.
Be a practical health advocate
With a Bachelor of Health Science with a major in environmental health you’ll gain:
- Broad, applied, hands-on environmental health knowledge combining both science and social science
- The ability to identify and solve problems
- Great communication skills
- The capacity to act as both a motivated self-starter and a specialist part of a larger team
- The ability to interface with other professionals
- An understanding of how to identify key legislation and its significance
With a Bachelor of Health Science majoring in environmental health, you’ll be ready for a wide range of careers. Typically they include a mix of indoor and outdoor work. Most jobs in environmental health involve working with people to promote a healthier environment in which to live. Two key occupations are health protection officers (HPOs) with district health boards, and environmental health officers (EHOs) with local councils.
Here are just some examples of the types and fields of work that await you:
- Central government - Ministry of Primary Industries; Ministry of Health; Environmental Protection Authority: technical advisors; policy analysts; programme managers
- Local government - health protection officers or environmental health officers; involved in public health advice, food safety/Food Act compliance; building inspection; liquor licensing work; resource consenting; disaster management and emergency planning; waste management; water quality management
- Private sector
Bachelor of Health Science structure
The Bachelor of Health Science (BHlthSc) is a 360 credit (equivalent to 3-years full time study) undergraduate qualification which offers students the opportunity to make a positive contribution to the maintenance and enhancement of the health and well-being of individuals and communities both nationally and internationally. Students are required to take the 8 core courses and a major.
There are no special entry requirements beyond those that qualify you for study at University. Computer literacy is recommended. If you do not have a Science or Mathematics background, you can get a head start in your studies by taking foundation courses in Science or Mathematics.
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
English Language Requirements:
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =