Bachelor of Science (Animal Science)
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$30,910 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Health, wellbeing and welfare of production and companion animals
- Development and assessment of prophylactic treatments for animals
- New biotechnologies for reproduction and breeding
- Testing and evaluation of feeds for animal health and performance
- Dairy, sheep and beef farms
- New Zealand’s only veterinary science teaching facilities including the:
- 24-hour pet hospital
- Wildbase hospital which treats native New Zealand animals
- Equine hospital
- Dedicated companion animal nutrition centres
- First opinion and referral production animal veterinary practice
- Animal health, behaviour and welfare
- Animal metabolism
- Animal nutrition
- Animal production: dairy, sheep, beef cattle, deer, intensive livestock
- Animal reproduction and lactation
- Companion animal science
- Genetics for livestock improvement
- Metabolic biochemistry
- Investigating the nutritive value of foods using animals as models for humans
- Identifying and testing alternative forages for production animal performance
- Investigating the interaction between the environment and animal genetics (epigenetic) and
- Formulating improved diets for production animals, cats, dogs and horses
- Primary production
- Livestock trading and exporting companies
- Producer boards
- Feed companies
- Development and marketing of animal health and performance-enhancing products
- International agriculture
- Research and teaching in secondary and tertiary institutions (after further study)
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
What is it Like?
A major in animal science from Massey University gives you the knowledge and skills to build a sustainable, healthy future for New Zealand.
What is animal science?
Animal science is not focused solely on livestock production. It also includes companion and recreational animals, and considers the health, welfare, and nutrition of all of these animal species. Challenges include:
At Massey you will not just be studying animal science, you will be part of a world-leading animal and agricultural science hub. Massey’s Manawatu campus is surrounded by working farms and state-of-the-art animal science research facilities. As a student you will be able to access our extensive research and working facilities as part of your study. These include:
Massey also has strong relationships with the industry - your potential employers - working with them to ensure our curriculum is up-to-date and relevant.
Some of the topics taught in animal science courses include:
You will receive the knowledge and skills to choose from a growing range of exciting careers in a field that provides New Zealand with much of its economic wealth. Animals have been inextricably linked with humanity throughout the centuries. We rely on animals for companionship, sport and recreation, draught power, fuel and fertilizer, food, clothing and by-products to aid in human health and wellbeing.
Animal scientists have been involved in diverse activities such as:
Animal scientists are also increasingly researching animal welfare issues and alternative production methods, such as once-a-day milking and restricted periods on pasture. There is increasing demand for managers of large production operations and technical positions in areas such as nutrition, animal breeding, and animal health in commercial companies. Opportunities exist in areas such as:
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
Students beginning their study of Animal Science should have a sound background in Chemistry and Biology at NCEA Level 3, and if possible Mathematics.
English Language Requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =