Bachelor of Social Work
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$25,010 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- More than 90% of Massey social work graduates find employment within six months of earning their degree
- Your degree is recognised by the NZ Social Work Registration Board, so you can immediately apply for provisional registration
- Massey graduates make up the largest number of highly qualified social workers in the country
- Social work is a growth industry - with 4,000 registered social workers in NZ, the government needs more
- Massey is the only university in New Zealand where you can study for your degree through distance learning
- We guarantee you a national network of hands-on field experience and work placements for our Year 3 and 4 students
- We combine both theory and practice (including the only university course on Maori development), taught by highly qualified staff - all experts in their fields and passionate about their profession.
- Hospitals and primary health care
- Mental health and addictions
- Voluntary and community organisations and government organisations
- Child protection
- Youth justice
- Residential care
- Management and supervision
- Tertiary education
- Community work and community development
- Refugees and migrants
As a social worker, you can help people overcome challenges and empower them to make the most of their lives. Massey boasts the best, the biggest and the longest-serving (since 1976) four-year Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) degree in the country. And our highly sought-after, internationally recognised degree guarantees you a lifelong career that can take you across the country and around the world to countries such as Canada, Australia, Fiji, Papua New Guinea, Hong Kong and the United States. Just to name a few.
Eight more compelling reasons to study social work at Massey
Every year, we find work experience for more than 200 students like you in placements throughout New Zealand to make sure you get that vital hands-on experience in the real world.
Our highly regarded social work degree equips you with all the skills needed to understand people and communities in the modern world as you work with them to better their lives.
The New Zealand Social Work Registration Board has approved this four-year degree. It is one of the few internationally recognized social work qualifications in New Zealand, and many of our graduates are working in countries such as Australia, Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
What kind of jobs can you get in social work?
A social work degree means you can work in many different areas. You could be a field operator working in the community or you could be a professional advisor in a hospital or a district health board. You might choose to be a policy expert working with government. Or you could travel overseas to the jungles of Papua New Guinea to work within a village setting. The options are endless and endlessly meaningful. Social workers make a difference in many areas around the world including:
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
English language requirements:
Academic IELTS 6.5 in every band. Only IELTS is acceptable.