Bachelor of Sport Management
- 课程级别：学士学位/Bachelor's Degree（7级）
- 学费：$27,690 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- Facilitating participation in sport
- Controlling the production of sport-associated goods and services
- Overseeing sport venues and facilities,
- The strategic development of local, regional and national sport organisations
- Managing sporting events
- Sport sponsorship and marketing
- Social, cultural and international foundations of sport
- Strategic sport management, leadership, operations, venue and event management, governance
- Marketing and communication
- Finance, accounting and economics of sports
- Legal aspects of sport.
- Regional and national sport organizations
- Regional Sport Trusts
- Community sport
- Private or commercial sport entities
- Sport development
- Sport marketing
- Sport communication
- Local and regional councils
- Sport facilities and venues
- Sport events, both nationally and internationally
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
Gain the business, communication and management skills that you will need to join the exciting world of sport management. If you want to be the sport manager of tomorrow, you will need a strong background in both sport and business management.
Massey University’s Bachelor of Sport Management teaches you the business and management skills you’ll need to meet the demands of the growing sport industry in New e industry offers you a variety of exciting opportunities including:
When you join the sport management industry, you join one of the biggest areas of business in New Zealand. The sport industry in New Zealand is worth over $10 billion and employs almost 50,000 people.
Gain a wide range of skills
You will develop both your theoretical knowledge and applied management skills. The wide range of courses on offer is designed to give you an understanding of sport in its social, cultural and organizational contexts. You will also strengthen your communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Our sport management programme will give you a solid grounding in the following areas, as they relate to sport:
Real world experience
During your study of sport management, you will be able to gain real-world experience through a work placement in a sport industry-based setting. This consists of at least 200 hours of practical experience over the course of your qualification. This experience helps you develop industry contacts and gives you an advantage with potential employers.
You'll learn from lecturers who have in-depth academic knowledge of sport management and extensive practical experience within the sport industry. Our staff is also recognized for their strengths in teaching and researching in the business of sport, event management, experiential education, sport and the media, sport governance and leadership. We offer first-hand knowledge and experience of applying sport management principles and concepts in the sport industry.
Massey University’s Bachelor of Sport Management will equip you for a challenging and rewarding career, both in New Zealand and internationally. You will gain business and management knowledge within the sport context that will be excellent preparation for a career in all areas of the growing sport management industry.
The types of organisations you could work for include:
Bachelor of Sport Management structure
The BSptMgt degree has a total of 360 credits with 300 credits being compulsory, including a 30 credit Practicum course, this allows for a total of 4 courses (60 credits) of elective courses.
This course is also offered by School of Sport, Exercise and Nutrition.
Students must have successful completion of a qualification equivalent to the New Zealand Year 13 - NCEA Level 3 University Entrance.
English Language Requirements: