Diploma in Arts (Theatre Studies)
- 学费：$27,960 NZD Per Year
- Writing and directing original theatre
- Drama teachers in schools and universities
- Stand-up comedy
- Communication, journalism and broadcasting
- Media training
- Builds skills for your CV
- Makes you stand out from the crowd
- Increases confidence and creativity
- Improves public speaking and presentation skills
- Provides practical project management (problem-solving, deadlines, budgets, goal-setting, directing others, taking direction)
- Helps you to understand others through a humanities lens - culture, society, difference and empathy
- Increases understanding and application of multimedia
- 230.111 Tū Kupu: Writing and Inquiry
- 230.112 Tū Arohae: Critical Thinking
- IELTS score of 5.0 (no band less than 5.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 61 overall (min 17 in Reading & Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 36 Overall (min 36 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 155
- 授课校区：Massey University
What is it Like?
This exciting applied theatre and performing arts course combines theatre for social change with real-world communication techniques.
Gain critical drama and creativity skills
An endorsement in theatre studies will develop your acting, directing, teamwork, event management and playmaking skills. You’ll be challenged to think critically, write powerfully and learn how to produce compelling creative performances.
Learn from national and international theatre practitioners
You’ll be taught by award-winning and passionate staff. Your lecturers are nationally and internationally known theatre practitioners, who have won prestigious awards in teaching, critical research and theatre practice. Whether you choose to study at Auckland, Manawatu or Wellington, you’ll be working in our custom-designed and well-equipped theatre labs.
Apply it in the real world
This endorsement offers an applied approach to theatre. It focuses on understanding theatre as a change agent, including how actor/director training, playmaking and the study of drama as literature can develop you as a powerful communicator. There is a strong emphasis on real-world applications and on theatre’s role in enhancing society, community and democracy. You’ll be able to apply your new skills to business, community, education and other real-world contexts.
Develop your social responsibility
Several of our theatre courses are driven by the need to cultivate new kinds of communities. You’ll be encouraged to build texts and develop discourses that respond to social, cultural and environmental needs. You’ll not only study theatre as literature, but will explore how it provides access to different kinds of audiences and encourages social responsibility.
An endorsement in theatre studies will develop the creative and artistic skills that are important in many vocations, such as:
Our students tell us that theatre studies:
The requirements for the Diploma in Arts endorsed in Theatre Studies are:
At least 75 credits in Theatre Studies, including 139.104 or 139.133; 45credits at 200-and/or 300-level, and 15 credits at any level from the Theatre Studies schedule.
Applicants must have completed New Zealand secondary school qualification or other equivalent overseas qualification.
English Language Requirements: