Graduate Diploma in Arts (Media Studies)
- 学费：$24,315 NZD Per Year
- Explore the ways in which media texts, audiences and users create and circulate meanings
- Analyse the relationships between media, culture and society and how they influence our views of the world
- Communicate your findings effectively in speech and writing
- Tackle open-ended questions where there are no simple right or wrong answers
- Develop creative and critical approaches to producing media.
- Digital postproduction
- Film and TV production
- Web content editing
- Public relations
- With at least 60 credits at 300-level
- must come from the Bachelor of Arts degree schedule
- at least 15 credits must be a 300-level course
- may include further Media Studies courses
- IELTS score of 6.0 (no band less than 5.5)
- TOEFL iBT score of 80 overall (min 19 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 50 Overall (min 42 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 170
- 开学时间：To suit the client/individual
- 授课校区：Massey University
Create, critique and connect with your media world
The Graduate Diploma in Arts (Media Studies) will give you the equivalent of an undergraduate major in media studies without completing a second bachelor’s degree.
What is it Like?
Interested in television and popular culture? Social media and the blogosphere? Film and cultural theory? Media studies can help you unlock your creative potential and develop practical skills to excel in your career.
The Graduate Diploma in Arts (Media Studies) is a bridging tool for graduates in other subjects to get the equivalent of a major in media studies. You can then go on to a postgraduate qualification in media studies if you wish.
Get sought-after media skills
Massey’s Graduate Diploma in Arts (Media Studies) introduces you to an exciting discipline that will prepare you for the future challenges of an information-rich society. Media studies analyses the production, consumption and content of a range of media including film, social media, television, popular music and smart phones. You’ll explore the formal characteristics of these media and their social, cultural, political and economic implications.
Shape the future of the media world
At the heart of our programme are the study and creation of a variety of media forms. We consider different aspects of the media and their relationships to the historical, social and cultural contexts in which they occur. You’ll be encouraged to use lateral-thinking skills to understand the media world and participate in shaping its future.
We use media theories as a springboard for exploring a range of media forms and to guide you through the practice of creating your own media products such as short films and documentaries.
On this programme you will:
Media studies can lead to a variety of career options, including:
Pass at least 90 credits in Media Studies
The remaining 30 credits (two courses) for the Graduate Diploma in Arts:
Admission to a Graduate Diploma requires successful completion of a three year diploma or undergraduate degree from a recognised tertiary institution.
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =