Master of Arts (Defence and Security Studies)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$27,405 NZD Per Year
- Civil defence
- Diplomacy and conflict resolution
- Disaster relief
- Policy analysis
- Truce monitoring
- Journalism and the media
- A completed BA degree with a major in Defence and Security Studies; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minor in Defence and Security Studies followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in Defence and Security Studies; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree followed by a Graduate Diploma in Arts in Defence and Security Studies;
- At least a B+ grade average is required for entry to the Research Pathway. A B grade average across the 700 level courses is required for entry to the Coursework Pathway.
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
- 授课校区：Massey University
Develop your security and defence research interests
With Massey’s Master of Arts (Defence and Security Studies) you’ll develop your research interests in the security and defence area of your choice.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
The Master of Arts (Defence and Security Studies) will give you advanced knowledge of historical and contemporary defence and security theory and practice.
You’ll develop enhanced and nuanced understanding of national, regional and international defence and security issues in a joint, interagency and multinational context. You’ll then be able to apply your knowledge and innovative thinking in a practical context as a leader in the defence and security sectors.
Complete your MA in three semesters
Massey’s Master of Arts is 180 credits. This means you can complete an MA in three semesters of full-time study.
Your Master of Arts (Defence and Security Studies) will give you a broad knowledge, and the skills and experience to pursue a successful career in defence and security in New Zealand or internationally. Defence and security studies are a great choice for a career in:
Master of Arts (Defence and Security Studies) structure
Courses to the value of 180 credits consisting of 120 credits of taught courses and a Research Report (Coursework pathway) or a combination of taught courses and a Thesis to the value of 90-120 credits (Research pathway),
At least a B grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Coursework Pathway.
At least a B+ grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Research Pathway.
Students who successfully complete Part One but do not meet the minimum grade average for progression will exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts.
This qualification may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
Students must achieve at least a B average in their 200 and 300-level Defence and Security Studies courses.
Students who have completed a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) or a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts, endorsed in Defence and Security Studies may be eligible for direct entry to part two of the Master of Arts.
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =