Master of Arts (English)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$27,405 NZD Per Year
- Teaching English, creative writing, theatre studies, and English as a second language
- Publishing and e-publishing: writing, editing, researching, technical writing
- Working as a literary agent /writing coach
- Web content development
- Freelance speech writing, travel writing, blogging and reviewing
- Liaison and relationship management
- Arts administration
- Community development
- Corporate training
- Corporate event management
- A completed BA degree with a major in English; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minor in English followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in English; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree followed by a Graduate Diploma in Arts in English;
- At least a B+ grade average is required for entry to the Research Pathway. A B grade average across the 700 level courses is required for entry to the Coursework Pathway.
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
- 授课校区：Massey University
Shape our world with words
With Massey’s Master of Arts in English you can build on your undergraduate interests and develop your critical research skills.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
Follow your interests further
A Master of Arts (English) at Massey gives you the chance to study important literary genres and periods in depth. You’ll also explore the complexities of literary language and rhetoric.
Study great texts from the past and present
Massey’s Master of Arts (English) offers you thorough coverage of great literature in English, from Shakespeare to the present day. Our courses are taught by active researchers who share your love of literature: they’ll introduce you to amazing writing and the reasons why it matters.
Get an applied edge
Choose from a range of courses that will extend your English skills in creative and applied ways. Expand the horizons of your degree by taking an elective course in creative writing, theatre studies or media studies.
Think deeply about the power of language
A Massey Master of Arts (English) helps you understand how language shapes the world we live in. You’ll explore the ethical and social power of imaginative writing and rhetoric, and think deeply about the world and your place in it.
Your love of literature and writing can take you into a range of professions where literacy, critical thinking and communication skills are highly valued. Employers appreciate the ability of BA Honours (English) graduates to research effectively, analyse rigorously and communicate with style.
Through studying English you’ll develop a set of flexible interpersonal and professional skills that ensure you remain agile and able to take on future opportunities.
Our graduates have pursued careers in:
Master of Arts (English) structure
Courses to the value of 180 credits consisting of 120 credits of taught courses and a research report (Coursework pathway) or a combination of taught courses and a 90-120 credit thesis (Research pathway) as outlined below.
At least a B grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Coursework Pathway.
At least a B+ grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Research Pathway.
Students who successfully complete Part One but do not meet the minimum grade average for progression will exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts.
Admission to this programme is open to students who have:
Students must achieve at least a B average in their 200 and 300-level English courses
Students who have completed a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) or a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts, endorsed in English may be eligible for direct entry to part two of the Master of Arts.
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =