Master of Arts (Geography)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$34,050 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- Conservation and environmental research
- Energy development
- Resource management
- Public service
- International development and diplomacy
- Local and regional councils
- Business and market research
- A completed BA degree with a major in Geography; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minor in Geography followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in Geography; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree followed by a Graduate Diploma in Arts in Geography;
- At least a B+ grade average is required for entry to the Research Pathway. A B grade average across the 700 level courses is required for entry to the Coursework Pathway.
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Take your study of geography to a higher level
With Massey’s Master of Arts (Geography) you can build on your undergraduate interest in geography and develop your critical research skills.
What is it Like?
A Master of Arts (Geography) prepares you to be a thoughtful and knowledgeable local and global citizen. You’ll develop important career skills in research, spatial analysis, and evidence-based examination of the pressing issues facing New Zealand and the world today.
Learn from a range of teaching methods
This diploma will allow you to investigate topics such as urbanisation, state restructuring, globalisation, geopolitics, agrifood, resource management and consumption. Your courses will help you gain a global perspective drawing from international case studies and examples, while maintaining a particular focus on New Zealand’s place in a changing world.
Complete your MA in three semesters
Massey’s Master of Arts is 180 credits. This means you can complete an MA in three semesters of full-time study.
With an MA (Geography) you can choose from a wide range of careers including:
Master of Arts (Geography) structure
Courses to the value of 180 credits consisting of 120 credits of taught courses and a Research Report (Coursework Pathway) or a combination of taught courses and a 90-120 credit-Thesis (Research Pathway) as outlined below.
At least a B grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Coursework Pathway.
At least a B+ grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Research Pathway.
Students who successfully complete Part One but do not meet the minimum grade average for progression will exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts.
This qualification may be awarded with Distinction or Merit.
Admission to this programme is open to students who have:
Students must achieve at least a B average in their 200 and 300-level Geography courses.
Students who have completed a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) or a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts, endorsed in Geography may be eligible for direct entry to part two of the Master of Arts:
English Language Requirements: