Master of Arts (Social Anthropology)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$28,380 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Massey University
- Human rights and social justice
- Social work
- Social and commercial research
- Business and industry
- Government, diplomacy and policy
- Foreign affairs
- Overseas aid and development agencies
- Health care
- Non-profit management
- Environmental issues
- Museum curation
- Art and heritage work
- A completed BA degree with a major in Social Anthropology or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree with a minor in Social Anthropology followed by a Graduate Certificate in Arts endorsed in Social Anthropology; or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree followed by a Graduate Diploma in Arts in Social Anthropology;
- A completed Bachelor of Arts(Honours) endorsed in Social Anthropology or
- a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts endorsed in Social Anthropology.
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Immerse yourself in another world
With Massey’s Master of Arts (Social Anthropology) you’ll develop your interests from your undergraduate degree.
What is it Like?
The Massey MA (Social Anthropology) gives you a different perspective on world affairs. Studying social anthropology develops your understanding of other cultures and ethnic groups, and shows you how your way of life is just one of many possible ways of being human. You’ll learn to challenge your existing beliefs and put yourself in others’ shoes.
Follow your passion
Take an issue in social anthropology that grabbed your attention as an undergraduate student and develop it fully through independent study.
Get into the field
Discover how anthropologists study cultural differences through fieldwork that examines societies across the globe, from hunter-gatherers to industrial nation-states. Massey staff and students are researching in Asia, the Pacific, Europe, Africa and New Zealand, and you could join them.
Complete your MA in three semesters
Massey’s Master of Arts is 180 credits. This means you can complete an MA in three semesters of full-time study.
The knowledge of human behaviour and interactions you’ll gain from an MA (Social Anthropology) will be useful in almost any career path, anywhere in the world. Popular career destinations for social anthropology graduates include:
Master of Arts (Social Anthropology) structure
Courses to the value of 180 credits consisting of 120 credits of taught courses and a Research Report (Coursework pathway) or a combination of taught courses and a 90 credit thesis (Research pathway) as outlined below.
At least a B grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Coursework Pathway.
At least a B+ grade average is required in the first 60 credits of courses completed in Part One for progression to Part Two - Research Pathway.
Students who successfully complete Part One but do not meet the minimum grade average for progression will exit with a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts.
Admission to this programme is open to student who have:
Students must achieve at least a B average in their 200 and 300-level Social Anthropology courses
Students who have completed the following postgraduate qualifications may be eligible for direct entry to part two of the Master of Arts:
At least a B +grade average is required for entry to the Research Pathway. A B grade average across the 700 level courses is required for entry to the Coursework Pathway.
English language requirements: