Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$36,680 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Auckland Campus
- Earnings and employment rates increase with the level of qualification completed
- Five years after leaving study, most young domestic graduates will be earning above the national median earnings
- Young masters graduates earn 86 per cent more than the national median
- Good careers are associated with better health, better wellbeing and more satisfying lives
- a Bachelor of Construction and the Postgraduate Diploma in Construction, or equivalent qualifications, majoring in Quantity Surveying; or
- a Bachelor of Construction, majoring in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent qualification plus a minimum of 2 years approved experience in the Construction Sector in a professional capacity.
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Fast track your career
Study the Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying) and fast track your career.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
The Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying) is one of the first construction-focused management programmes in New Zealand. It will provide you with the advanced skills and knowledge required of senior quantity surveyors and commercial managers.
Become an expert in managing construction finances
The quantity surveyor is the financial expert of a construction project - preparing the feasibility studies, quantifying and measuring what is to be built, cost estimation and budgets, preparing the tender documents, advising on legal aspects, valuing the work, advising the client on payments and finalising the final accounts.
Gain the skills you need
During the Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying) you will develop these advanced proficiencies and more. You will gain advanced knowledge in quantity surveying and commercial and contractual management of construction projects, construction law, and research. Theoretical principles and methodologies are interlaced with hands-on practice. You will be able to apply your knowledge to the contractual and financial management of large-scale and complex building and construction projects.
This will enable you to contribute to the provision of early cost advice, contract documentation and tendering, budgeting and contractual and financial management of all phases of the building and infrastructure development life cycle, from design through to construction and subsequent management, maintenance and remodelling of the asset.
What will you learn?
As well as specific skills necessary for a career in construction, Massey University’s Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying) will help you gain skills for broader employability and usefulness across many careers.
Develop your capacity to think critically, logically and strategically to make informed and better decisions and solve problems more effectively and ethically. You will learn how to apply problem-solving and analytical thinking skills to the analyses of and solutions to construction and building industry problems.
Plan and carry out research that demonstrates an advanced level of skill in critical analysis, synthesis and scholarship, to an international standard.
Learn in-depth skills in conducting cost planning, design cost management and preparing budgets. Participate and collaborate as valued peers with colleagues in the wider domains of construction and infrastructure management education, design, planning, construction and maintenance.
Project management and advice
You will learn how to provide cost advice and procurement and project management services including managing and optimising project and resources to achieve cost, time and quality targets.
A Ministry of Education report found that:
Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying) structure
You will follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising any compulsory courses from the Schedule and at least 45 credits of research.
Admission to the Master of Construction (Quantity Surveying) requires you to have:
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =