Master of Design
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$33,680 NZD Per Year
- 授课校区：Wellington Campus
- an advanced design research qualification with a targeted outcome, often of direct application to industry or another external stakeholder
- strong connections outside the university, whether in business, public or non-profit sector
- supervision by staff who are leading design researchers and practitioners
- individual studio space configured to suit your needs
- comprehensive technical expertise and facilities, including an industry-scale green screen studio, Australasia’s first Fab Lab, industry-standard workshops, digital imaging facilities, darkrooms and high-end computer facilities.
- web designers here and overseas
- directors of a health care product manufacturing
- creative directors in art agencies and museums
- technical development consultants
- design interns in fashion and industrial design companies
- directors or account managers at publishing houses
- secondary school art and design teachers
- Attainment of a Bachelor of Design or equivalent with a grade average of at least B;
- Selection into the programme through an interview and the assessment of a portfolio of submitted design work
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
Design that matters
MDes students are expected to produce innovative and responsive design work that is thoroughly grounded in research methodologies and expertly realised. The programme facilitates design projects that make a significant contribution to research-driven innovation and support sustainable economic growth.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
The Master of Design (MDes) is an advanced research qualification in design.
Unless you already have an honours degree, you will first explore creative research practices and develop the skills and approaches you may wish to use during your thesis (e.g., digital fabrication).
For your thesis, you will complete a supervised programme of focused design research taking a challenging real-world design problem through to a well-resolved solution, eg a product prototype.
The MDes 180 offers additional options for study at postgraduate level. If you have a Bachelor of Design (Honours) or Postgraduate Diploma in Design or equivalent with a grade average that indicates an adequate level of preparation, you do not have to do Part One of the Master of Design and may proceed direct to the 120-credit thesis project. To do this, you must submit a proposal of your intended research project. We are looking for proposals that are academically viable, industry-linked and able to be supported by Massey resources.
Your MDes project need not necessarily have industry funding and an orthodox design brief (although there are scholarships available for such research); you might be developing a design solution for a non-profit or working with a range of external people.
The MDes gives you a lot of freedom, especially once you get into your thesis. You have regular meetings with your supervisors, and crit sessions with your fellow MDes students, but you are in control of structuring your own time.
You generally have two supervisors who are experienced designers in fields related to your research. It is their job to challenge you to take the project as far as you can. Typically, the University will assign you a primary supervisor, and you will have input into who becomes your second supervisor. Check out our staff profiles and feel free to get in touch with anyone whose research interests you.
Benefits of a Massey MDes
Many graduates start their own businesses and have gone on to win high profile awards and commissions. MDes graduates also work as:
The entry requirements for Massey’s 180-credit Master of Design are:
If you have a Bachelor of Design (Honours) or Postgraduate Diploma in Design or equivalent with a grade average that indicates an adequate level of preparation, you do not have to do Part One of the Master of Design and may proceed direct to the 120-credit thesis project. To do this, you must submit a proposal of your intended research project. We are looking for proposals that are academically viable, industry-linked and able to be supported by Massey resources.
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =