教育Master of Education (Literacy Education)
- 课程级别：硕士学位/Master's Degree（9级）
- 学费：$24,415 NZD Per Year
- meet the University admission requirements as specified, and shall have:
- been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Education with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent; or
- been awarded or qualified for any other Bachelors degree with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent, and hold a professional qualification in teaching; or
- been awarded or qualified for any other Bachelors degree with a grade average in the highest level courses of at least a B, or equivalent, and have professional experience relevant to the intended postgraduate subject; or
- been awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or equivalent, with a grade average across all courses of at least B (Coursework pathway) or at least a B+ (Research pathway).
- IELTS score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL iBT score of 90 overall (min 20 in Writing)
- PTE Academic score of 58 Overall (min 50 in communicative skills)
- Cambridge English score of 180
- 授课校区：Massey University
Go further with your passion for education
A Master of Education (Literacy Education) will take your teaching career to the next level.
WHAT IS IT LIKE?
Literacy is one of the big issues in education: what’s the best way to teach literacy? How do children, teenagers and adults develop their literacy knowledge? With the Master of Education (Literacy Education) you’ll critically engage with the research and scholarship in this field.
Hone your skills
Massey’s Master of Education (Literacy Education) will develop your skills in the analysis, synthesis and critical evaluation of research on the development of reading and writing ability. Learn to evaluate how theory and research can affect literacy development and instructional and practices. There’s a particular focus on preventing and intervening in literacy learning difficulties.
Learn from the best
You’ll work with nationally and internationally esteemed practitioners and researchers. Massey is a leader in distance learning. You’ll stay in contact with your lecturers and peers through our collaborative on-line learning environment. Distance learning lets you fit your study round your life and commitments. You can study full- or part-time, whatever suits you.
Master of Education (Literacy Education) structure
Coursework (Professional Inquiry) pathway
Students must complete at least 90 credits from this subject schedule, including the compulsory course. An additional 30 credits may be selected from the Elective Schedule for the MEd or any of the other subject schedules (including Literacy Education). All students must complete one 15 credit research methods course and the 45 credits Professional Inquiry course. The focus of the Professional Inquiry should be in the subject area.
It is recommended that the compulsory course, excluding research methods, is completed first.
To progress to Part Two students must achieve a minimum B grade average in the first 120 credits of courses.
Research (Thesis) pathway
Students must complete 60 credits from the subject schedule, including the compulsory course, two 15 credit research methods courses, and a 90 credit Thesis. The focus of the Thesis should be in the subject area.
This qualification will carry the award of Distinction if completed at a superior standard (equivalent to First Class Honours) or Merit (equivalent to Second Class Honours, Division One) within two years of first enrolling for full-time study or within four years of first enrolling for part-time study. Maximum completion timeframe for the 180 credit Master of Education is five years.
Students admitted with a Postgraduate Diploma in Education completing a 120 credit Master of Education must complete within one year of first enrolling for full-time study or within three years of first enrolling for part-time study to be eligible for the award of Merit/Distinction. The maximum completion timeframe for the 120 credit Master of Education is four years.
The Master of Education (Literacy Education) will enhance your career as a teaching practitioner in a range of educational contexts and sectors by developing your knowledge of literacy and its teaching. It can also lead to literacy leadership roles across a range of organisations or to advanced academic study.
Before enrolling for this Degree, you shall:
English language requirements:
= 新西兰小学申请问题集 =